Hacking Difference between English and Chinese G6 ???

jmos1277

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ... over the past few days everyone seems to be saying they want to wait for the English version of the G6 to be released. My question is, what the heck is the difference between the English version and the Chinese version?

I've had my G6 Lite for a couple weeks now ... and everything IS in English ... with the exception of the PDA which I deleted anyway. So what's the deal? Why does everyone want to wait for an "English" version when the freakin' Chinese version has all English menus anyway? I don't get it.

Am I missing something? Someone please explain.

Oh ... and by the way, the G6 Lite rules!
bow.gif

ledats

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
The difference is that with the chinese you can only have the chinese loader installer, and english version can only accept the english loader. Some prefer to call this a region locked device, and you seem to be lucky enough to recieve the test version, which can accept both loaders. Good for you! :-)

And yes, it seems the G6 "R0x0rZ", can't wait to get my copy!

jmos1277

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info ledats.
So does that mean that my G6 is not region locked? Lucky me!

It seems odd that the G6 team would want to region lock their device. Doesn't really make sense for this type of product.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info ledats.Â
So does that mean that my G6 is not region locked? Lucky me!

It seems odd that the G6 team would want to region lock their device. Doesn't really make sense for this type of product.

its probably cuz they want to sell the english version at a higher price overseas and so english users wont be able to order them cheap from places like winsunx...

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info ledats.Â
So does that mean that my G6 is not region locked? Lucky me!

It seems odd that the G6 team would want to region lock their device. Doesn't really make sense for this type of product.

its probably cuz they want to sell the english version at a higher price overseas and so english users wont be able to order them cheap from places like winsunx...

Dunno about that. I pre-ordered the English version at Hopebuy.com for same price Winsunx.com is selling their Chinese version.

N

neofans1

So what's the big difference then..anyone care to answer?
What's with the loaders?

galaxykidgamma

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh... I don't get why ledats thinks jmos' g6l is the test version. I have a chinese NON test version and i'm using an english FW. The FW on the cd it comes with works in chinese and english. It's just not possible to update the FW to eng. on the chinese g6l. has he updated his FW? he never said.

jmos1277

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH WAIT! I do have the trial version, sorry, but still, I've still heard people w/o the trial version can run the original chinese/eng. FW

I actually did update my firmware with the 4.0c English and it works great.

How do I know if I have the trial version or not? If the box was the only way to tell ... guess I'll never know ... I threw out my box ages ago.

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH WAIT! I do have the trial version, sorry, but still, I've still heard people w/o the trial version can run the original chinese/eng. FW

How do I know if I have the trial version or not? If the box was the only way to tell ... guess I'll never know ... I threw out my box ages ago.
there are pictures on another thread comparing the trial and final version of the g6 lite. the trial version has a smaller screw than the final version, and the final version has 2 holes on the side.

jmos1277

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there are pictures on another thread comparing the trial and final version of the g6 lite. the trial version has a smaller screw than the final version, and the final version has 2 holes on the side.

Well, I just managed to get MY DS away from my wife so I could check. It looks like I definitely have the trial version. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Are there any differences besides the plastic casing? It seems like I can put any loader on mine that I want, but I wonder if there are any major hardware differences.

N

neofans1

when using the cart the menu is in chinese thats it

OK a couple of questions to satisfy me and others...excuse me for my slowness >.<

-Is the menu entirely in chinese or just the pda?
-In the english version, is the pda english?

care to elaborate more in the differences? thx...I know you will only be able to update the chinese loader in the chinese version, but what's so bad about it? Thanks for all the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F