Hacking Didn't Update to 9 but Cart Reader was Updated Anyway when Using SX OS 2.9.2

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I wanted to go from exfat to fat32 due to more stability and also wanted to use a hidden partition option for emunand. I wiped my micrsd to fat32 and used SX OS to create a new emunand with 2.9.2. After it was done, the emunand was not booting and I would just get a lit up black screen (made emunand off my clean 2.0 nand).

At that point i downgraded to SX OS 2.6.1 which worked when making my original emunand. Made the new emunand and this time it launched fine.

Ok so it seems that just by using SX OS 2.9.2 may have caused my cart to update and now I'm getting the dreaded 2002-2634 error on regular and emunand on f/w 2.0.

I was only planning on going to 8.1 but used the latest SX OS. Guess there is no reason now to not go to 9.0.1. Dont use any of the 2.9 release of SX OS if you plan on having an non upgraded cart reader :(.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to go from exfat to fat32 due to more stability and also wanted to use a hidden partition option for emunand. I wiped my micrsd to fat32 and used SX OS to create a new emunand with 2.9.2. After it was done, the emunand was not booting and I would just get a lit up black screen (made emunand off my clean 2.0 nand).

At that point i downgraded to SX OS 2.6.1 which worked when making my original emunand. Made the new emunand and this time it launched fine.

Ok so it seems that just by using SX OS 2.9.2 may have caused my cart to update and now I'm getting the dreaded 2002-2634 error on regular and emunand on f/w 2.0.

I was only planning on going to 8.1 but used the latest SX OS. Guess there is no reason now to not go to 9.0.1. Dont use any of the 2.9 release of SX OS if you plan on having an non upgraded cart reader :(.
You know there is a cartridge update in firmware 4.0 and above right?

Reactions: Canna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back