Gaming Did you like Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles?

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Liked it a lot more than umbrella chronicles, but I think its way too overpriced which is why its not selling ($50 for a rail shooter?)
I think the mouth syncing needs work, as well as the subtitles, but other than that I really enjoyed it.
I'm still waiting for RE5: Wii edition though.
I DONT CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS CAPCOM. THE CONTROLS FOR RE4 ON WII WERE BOMB.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I liked Umbrella Chronicles a lot more to be honest. This felt like an average continuation...

I think Umbrella Chronicles sold better because the Wii was still new at that time. Now that we've seen better on rail shooters (like House of the Dead: Overkill and according to some people Dead Space Extraction), the same game isn't interesting anymore. I thought the use of flashlights was awesome in UC, but in this game it wasn't new anymore.

For me personally the teasing of Capcom about Resident Evil 5: Wii Edition also played a part. I bought RE4:Wii and UC to play them, but also because I hoped Capcom would bring RE5 to the Wii. I do care about graphics, but I care about awesome controls a lot more. Oh well, I will buy RE5: Gold Edition for PS3 soon and I'll be able to play it with Move at the end of the year...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShineStar said:
Liked it a lot more than umbrella chronicles, but I think its way too overpriced which is why its not selling ($50 for a rail shooter?)
I think the mouth syncing needs work, as well as the subtitles, but other than that I really enjoyed it.
I'm still waiting for RE5: Wii edition though.
I DONT CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS CAPCOM. THE CONTROLS FOR RE4 ON WII WERE BOMB.

I don't think its overpriced with such great production values. It's not your typical arcade rail shooter. It's got a lot more to it.

Yeah, lip syncing could use work. I forget if I put subtitles on.

Darkside Chronicles is a good rail shooter with a lot of value in it, kinda like Dead Space: Extraction. Much better than Umbrella Chronicles, too.

For RE5 on the Wii though, I was in favor of the idea before, but after playing the game on the 360, I'd say it wouldn't fair well. Capcom did a terrible job porting Dead Rising to the Wii (mainly because the Wii didn't have enough power to run it with hundreds upon hundreds of zombies). I don't think RE5 would fair too well. First off, RE5 looks amazing, the graphics would take a serious hit on the Wii. Second, the game isn't nearly as good without a friend. The game actually is pretty crap without a friend. And by "with a friend" I mean online, with voice chat. The Wii is incredibly clunky in both categories. I can live without the graphics (although really, the game looks so much better with them), but the gameplay itself would suffer greatly. You're better off playing it on the Xbox 360/PS3/PC, even without the excellent Wii controls. But to cheer you up anyway, Resident Evil 4 was better.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought this game and I think it's an okay game to rent..

I will trade this game for Sin and PUnishment in June..

fme008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this rather short compared to the Umbrella Chronicles.

Did anyone tried using dual guns (2 wiimotes)?

Hard to play if using Nyko's Perfect-shot because we have to press buttons during some evasions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1