Hacking Did I just kill my DS?

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Do your research! He could always use PPFlash utility. get it off darkfaders site.

PPFlash doesn't work with a DS Lite.
lecture.gif

Izmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww man, this makes me nervous about flashing my ds!

I am sick of the Health and Safety screen!

But now I am nervous! God! If I screw it up, its gone!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing to be nervous about. You can try using your flashing tool without booting flashme.nds first to see if you it turns off. Just give it a good move in the SL1. If it doesn't turn off, you should feel safe that your tool works
smile.gif

Izmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...

Being nervous + Flashing your DS = ???

lecture.gif

~Nero

Hehe... I guess ill just be careful!

Nothing to be nervous about. You can try using your flashing tool without booting flashme.nds first to see if you it turns off. Just give it a good move in the SL1. If it doesn't turn off, you should feel safe that your tool works
smile.gif
So if I do it this way, and it does shut off, there is no damage to the NDSL right? I can just turn it back on and resume my non flashed NDSL?

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that sucks. Sorry m8, can't do much of anything to help.

However, this is to all those FlashMe doubters:

FlashMe provides WiFiMe support, bricking prevention, slot2 autoloading, removal of that annoying screen, and it also can accept DS Download Play games from other DSes using flashcarts.

FlashMe also can disable the slot2 autoloading feature as well as keep the health screen removal.

FlashMe is the pwnage.
smile.gif

cheesyPOOF5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aww man, this makes me nervous about flashing my ds!

I am sick of the Health and Safety screen!

But now I am nervous! God! If I screw it up, its gone!

1. Make sure it's plugged in.

2. Make sure you cover everything on your tool but the tip of it (so it can't short anything but the SLI)

3. ?????

4. Profit!

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt shorting the SL1 with the pot, just fry a fuse, then the fuse could be replaced? But of course it will require soldering skills.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Replacing the fuse isn't really practical.

But a quick google search reveals that you can indeed fix the fuse problem somewhat!

http://m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Nintendo...le_(blown_fuse)

Basically, you solder across the fuse points, or use a short piece of wire to bypass the fuse. It defeats the purpose of the fuse, but it might bring your DS back to life!

Good Luck!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then you'd lose the protection the fuse provided, thus making your DS more prone to permanent damage the next time this were to occur. Isn't replacing the fuse a better option than that?

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats true, but as I said, replacing the fuse yourself isn't really practical as you can see how small it is in the pictures. Besides, unless you do something absolutely crazy with your ds (like flash it haha) it wouldn't really blow the fuse anyway.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
You probably bridged the connection that the DSL has down there with the SL-1, and turned the DS off during flashing. = Brick.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xeronage said:
You probably bridged the connection that the DSL has down there with the SL-1, and turned the DS off during flashing. = Brick.

Thats only about half true. I 'bricked' my DS lite by doing that, but I was lucky enough to not have a blown fuse and was able to invoke the recovery code and reinstall flashme. Now it works great!

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think flashing your DS because you're tired of a screen that lasts only a second if you just tap the screen is going to make it onto the list of "Dumbest Things I've ever Seen, Read, or Heard"

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's annoying, pointless, and wastes time that could be better spent playing a game. Why is wanting to get rid of it a dumb idea?

EDIT: "it" being the warning screen of course

beve

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you can still boot your flash cart e.g r4ds

downlaod noflash me and it will unflash your ds resluting in back to normail firmware with means un bricked!!!

if you can boot your flash cart you still have all hope or most likely a 99% hope it will work

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9. The hole next to the SL1 is known as the VR. If your flashing tool makes contact with both the SL1 and VR your DS will turn off so be careful when bridging the SL1. Also on the left hand side of the SL1 hole on the DS Lite only is a thin piece of metal not seen unless you open the DS Lite. This piece of metal connects back to the VR so if your flashing tool makes contact with this tiny piece of metal and the SL1 the DS will also turn off. That is why the flashing tool MUST be insulated.

^That is what happen!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)