Did I get bricked by Homebrew???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wiisel, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008
  1. Wiisel
    OP

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Ive been playing with some stuff from the Homebrew Browser and tried out kobo when I exited the game I got stuck at a black screen with "system files are corrupt" so I powerd down the Wii and restarted it and everything is now working fine. The strange part was it displayed the recovery menu before booting to the system menu without me pressing anything I had a GC pad in slot 1 and GC mic in slot A and starfall installed. So did my Wii brick and somehow unbrick? or was this somthing else that caused the error screen

2. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I stand corrected turns out it is a glitch w/ hbc ...
    Listen to djdynamite123..
    He's da man...

-kitt050383

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    It actually happened to me, i was like WTF, then it came across that Marcan said that's the bug inside HBC, read it up somewhere on hackmii......(not to jump to recovery) like mine & his did! mine jsut jumped to 3.2E i was like WTF

Yeah i deffinately never had a GC Pad in as i never ever use it, im waiting for a wavebird or 3rd party crap one.. for xmas pressy of the enemy.

The other time i have had a system fles are corrupt is deleting "mplayerwidvdlib" from wii channels as i had installed the wad, and i removed via data management then it jumped to system files are corrupt, to be honest i crapped my pants, i was like WTF is going on here, that's 2 strange things that have happened. hahaha

4. Wiisel
    OP

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Cheers I thought it was odd ill have a read up at hackmii I also said WTF and a lot of other things maybe that was picked up by the mic and triggered the rescue menu highly unlikely but would be a laugh if all you had to do is say WTF to boot rescue lol

5. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    that'd actually be amazing.

6. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    the system files corrupt message is the "hard to fix" bug Marcan said on hackmii, its somewhere on there, not about the recovery we encountered though, think we have had close encounters hahaha