Gaming Did I fuck this GPU up?

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I reflowed a 0022 RROD 360, and everything was fine. It was a Xenon motherboard, and JTAG'd. It had the stock heatsinks on it, but after a day and a half of playing fine, my friend wanted the heatsinks out of his newer elite in the JTAG xenon. I did that, it greenlit, and we powered it off. Turned it back on after we hooked it up to the TV, and it was RROD with 0020 error code. I took it apart, only to discover one of my credit card strips (hybrid x-clamp fix) had melted and burnt a little section of the GPU. I cleaned it up, took all the thermal paste off of it, to find a small copper colored section where it was normally green.
wtf.jpg

What is circled in red is now a copper color with some small burn marks, probably from the plastic of the card melting. I'm going to reflow this board again, but my question is, to all the experts, is it WORTH doing again or is the GPU fucked because I THINK its missing whatever fuse/resistor/whatever was there....

eleventh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, depends what it was.
If it was a capacitor, it might work.
Fuse/Resistor/whatever... probably not.
Does look like caps though.

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a 2nd reflow but it did nothing, only gave the original error (E08/0020) that was present before I did the first reflow. So I'm assuming what's missing isn't important, at least not to the error I'm getting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can you just edit the save file on a PC?