ROM Hack Did anybody experiment with DBZ Extreme Butoden pre-order DLC? (SNES VC injection ?!)

Azel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere here yet but if you didn't know, Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden came out on jp 3ds with Dragon Ball Z butoden 2 (SFC/SNES game) as a pre-order DLC.

Same thing was just for the US release, and probably will in Europe too. (game came out in the SNES days in France for instance)

What are the odds this is or isn't an SFC/SNES rom embedded in an SNES Virtual Console emulator?

I don't know about you, but I'm eager to find out more, hence this topic :)

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I immediately thought of that as well when I saw the news.
But some guys at Siliconera pointed me to Nintendo World Report, where they said "although the advertisement lists the game as a Virtual Console game, the game will actually be a port to the 3DS to allow for music rights issues to be resolved".
That said, it'd be really, REALLY interesting if it was emulated ;)

Azel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aww damnit :\

Music rights?! Seriously.. I loved the original score, that Gohan's theme,man.

Edit : apparently it's Namco Bandai's new thing, they're releasing a game (Valkyrie no daiboken ps1 ver, from namco antology) as preorder dlc with Project X Zone 2

They released a retail game with anime games from the Famicom and super Famicom era too, I think.

Last edited by Azel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips. +1