Hardware Diagnosing my 360 rechargeable battery back

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a (probs unofficial) rechargeable battery back (or 2) that doesn't charge. It's for the charger, it isn't like the ORB brand backs (which i used to use until i found a working official rechargeable back). It doesn't charge tho, and it rattles when i shake it. What's the issue?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it was an official one there is a way to reset the onboard chip that sometimes gets messed up and causes it not to work.

Most unofficial ones I have seen don't use the same method as the official ones and instead mimic the two AA batteries that would otherwise be in there, whether this is two AA rechargable cells in the pack or another type of cell and contacts in the right position varies.

Without seeing what you have though we have little chance of being able to diagnose much here. That said old age is a good bet at this point.

Reactions: alivebacon

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it was an official one there is a way to reset the onboard chip that sometimes gets messed up and causes it not to work.

Most unofficial ones I have seen don't use the same method as the official ones and instead mimic the two AA batteries that would otherwise be in there, whether this is two AA rechargable cells in the pack or another type of cell and contacts in the right position varies.

Without seeing what you have though we have little chance of being able to diagnose much here. That said old age is a good bet at this point.
I have some ORB brand packs that use the "pretend it's a set of AAs" route. My broken twins use the play and charge kit pins.

Last edited by alivebacon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Not just "some" - I think it's 24 now that have legalized it for adults, so nearly half!