United States
Reactions: 4 people

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's such a broken game. Blizzard need to get their act together. Bring back the goodness that Diablo was, not make it into a huge cash opportunity.

I blame WoW.

I blame Activision.
I blame God.

Why not the devil? That would be appropriate, given the series we're talking about here...
God smited Diablo, making it the hellhole it is.

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only one I see affected by this is blizzard, because y'know mages will spam dungeons, get dah loots and soon the auction house will flood with rare items. Resulting in price decreases and maybe even the whole pay-to-buy greed system will become obsolet. Since when you can afford what you want with in game money and just a little effort.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now the game did not seem to do enough new to warrant my looking in with the only real positive being most other mouse killers in recent years tending not to have proper multiplayer (although this always online business maybe removing that) and moreover my only real knowledge of the troubles with the game comes from the odd thread I see around here

Still
real money- plenty of games have offered the option to buy in game items and such over the years and issues with accounting aside I fail to see why things should not go in reverse.
this glitch- it seems to be just that just with some nominal unpleasant effects. I am not sure I wish to comment on the game code and any heuristics, potential twists of metrics which I am all but certain they have extensive ones of or checks and balances that might have been able to be added.
gold and exp farming- most of these seem to be a case of who is the bigger masochist but either way so someone might have something? I am inclined to understand (but still call stupid/lesser) the Zen of grind but the merit of grind.... yeah.
I imagine a serious audit trail is available and if they are good (which they seem to be) they might be able to do something good with it or even have it become part of the in game lore "a group of rogue wizards discovered the secret to immortality but it came with a terrible price".

I was half inclined to construct a sentence/opening paragraph with "bellyaching", "whining" or "much ado about nothing" being the key part of it but I shall forego that for now.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blizzard normally go hard on exploiters when it comes to wow, They normally remove all items they got when exploiting, including gold. They ban them for a bit, I wonder what they will do when it comes to Diablo.
If they have not used the Auction House in any way and do not play with other players?
Nothing. It's a a single player game for a lot of people. :|

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Blizzard normally go hard on exploiters when it comes to wow, They normally remove all items they got when exploiting, including gold. They ban them for a bit, I wonder what they will do when it comes to Diablo.
If they have not used the Auction House in any way and do not play with other players?
If so, those people aren't causing a problem, right? I hack Terraria offline and it causes nobody grief.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still can't believe that you can get banned for cheating, IN A FUCKING SINGLE-PLAYER GAME.

Technically it is a multiplayer game and even if you intend to treat it as a single player game there is the potential to cause trouble for the multiplayer element.

That surely is a minor aside though given that someone, somehow, somewhere might get an achievement equivalent despite not perhaps entirely deserving it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If so, those people aren't causing a problem, right? I hack Terraria offline and it causes nobody grief.
Exactly, people who want to play like this can keep to themselves (or perhaps forced to keep to themselves)
But Blizzard will treat this as a multiplayer ban, as far as they are concerned there isn't REALLY a single player, it's just multiplayer but you're not playing with anyone.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At least Wizards can solo Inferno beyond Act 2, which Demon Hunters can't anymore without having absurd levels of gear just to over gear Act 2 and beyond. This will be hotfixed quickly though.

As if other MMOs don't have exploits that are always being found and fixed?

But yes this is more serious than normal, with the cash backing.

Blizzard never fixed exploits in WoW. People continue to go under the world to farm and they don't bother to fix the environment bugs to prevent it.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As if other MMOs don't have exploits that are always being found and fixed?

But yes this is more serious than normal, with the cash backing.

Blizzard never fixed exploits in WoW. People continue to go under the world to farm and they don't bother to fix the environment bugs to prevent it.

Actually they do, However Goldfarmers use game hacking programs to do that on hacked accounts as they don't care it will get banned, Just like you can use aimbot on cod you can use similar programs for wow.

Blizzard actually do fix most exploits, It takes them awhile to fix ones where you go to places you aren't supposed to, However the major ones they fix very quickly. You're talking about hacking not exploiting.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I made a monk from the beginning.....a class I have found out to be tied with the AH to get anywhere in Inferno.......

That's how broken the game is.
That is complete, and utter bullshit, I have cleared inferno on my monk with all gear I've farmed in Act 1 .
http://i.imgur.com/5YzB1.jpg
See my low stats
http://i.imgur.com/cPEZL.jpg

Wish I had your luck, as my stats are even lower than yours after the number of weeks I've farmed both Act 1 and Act 2 (the latter I had done even before they nerfed it).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't believe how uptight people in this thread get over this. So someone cheats in a single player game...how is it a deal to begin with? Do you really care if that guy sitting next to you likes typing IDDQD and runs through doom 2 on ultra-violence for the rush of it? And the konami code is even older!
Christ...if such a cheater is in your party, just kick him out, already.

There has been some flak about the "always having to be online" part before. Isn't this the part where all those complainers said sorry? Because...you know...that requirement is exactly what ensures that this exploit gets effectively removed. Yeah...no "I'll lay off the update until I'm done racking up the real money items" here. You'll auto-leave the server so you can't avoid exploit-fixers like this one.

Third...the auction house. Sure, wizards were probably pretty popular the last couple 'a days...but aren't they relying on others to actually buy their shit?
I've never played WoW, so perhaps I'm missing things like peer pressure or misplaced e-penis comparison...but why complain about something that's not needed in the game to begin with? You can easily finish the game with stuff you find (at least on normal). And once that's done, all the motivation to keep playing is exactly because you can find better stuff than you currently have, right? So once again...what's the motivation for the auction house? I used it once for some rubies (payed with ingame gold), and found out I disliked it because it felt cheap (while it was actually a lot of gold for a low-level guy like me). Would undoubtedly have been worse if I used real money. But even then: that would be my choice. Why should you guys judge others because they want to spend real money in order not to have to play the game to find something like it?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I tried this exploit 5 hours after it was announced. I was amazed that it worked and I could finish hell difficulty with my mage with a breeze! :)
As I'm pretty tired of the game, playing through inferno with my mage with god mode will probably be the only way I'd ever finish inferno.
It's just impossible with my Barb. Previously it was indeed 100% impossible for Barbarians to finish inferno without using Auction House. Now they've made drops "levels" better and so it's actually possible to finish each act with the barb. But with an IMMENSE amount of farming :) They tell u specific play styles wasn't needed, but it's DEFINATLY needed. Try playing the game as a barb without using LIFE ON HIT in a2, a3 or a4 infernal difficult :) Good luck ;)

D

Deleted User

I tried this exploit 5 hours after it was announced. I was amazed that it worked and I could finish hell difficulty with my mage with a breeze! :)
As I'm pretty tired of the game, playing through inferno with my mage with god mode will probably be the only way I'd ever finish inferno.
It's just impossible with my Barb. Previously it was indeed 100% impossible for Barbarians to finish inferno without using Auction House. Now they've made drops "levels" better and so it's actually possible to finish each act with the barb. But with an IMMENSE amount of farming :) They tell u specific play styles wasn't needed, but it's DEFINATLY needed. Try playing the game as a barb without using LIFE ON HIT in a2, a3 or a4 infernal difficult :) Good luck ;)
It's possible, But you need more defensive stats.

Inferno wasn't intended to be cleared by everyone, It was intended to take months to clear it after farming months worth of gear.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Inferno wasn't intended to be cleared by everyone, It was intended to take months to clear it after farming months worth of gear.

Well, that's one of the problems, because many of the Demon Hunters and Wizards were able to clear it within the week they got into it. It's the same problem they had with WoW in that range classes were highly favored because unlike melee, range didn't have to deal with taking damage nearly as much. So, in Diablo 3, people of those classes formed glass-cannon specs, geared for as much damage as possible instead of including defense, and had at it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't just about this latest exploit. There's a pile of problems the game has had since release. This latest exploit just makes the pile that much bigger.

And it seems the folks at Blizzard are completely content with having a completely fucked up game. They are so oblivious to what is broken in the game it's hilarious, and guys like Mike Morhaime coming out and saying that the game is totally fine is just a complete and utter joke.

Inferno mode is broken, it's impossible to solo it as a Demon Hunter now because they swung the nerf bat which effected the casual player who wasn't playing the game 12 hours a day and clearing it, and elite/champion mobs are just so horribly overtuned at times that you need to stack the living crap out of Resist All in order to not die in one shot. The sad thing is that Inferno is faceroll in a group, so they pretty much force us to play in groups in order to complete the entire game. For solo mode it's nearly impossible for every class.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1