Diablo II: Resurrected free trial now available on Xbox One and Series X|S

DIA_D2R_XboxFreeTrial_1920x1080_EC01.jpg

Diablo II: Resurrected now has a free trial available on Xbox consoles, available until March 21. The trial will grant access to the first three hours of the game, and all progress will carry over to the full version if purchased. The game is also now on sale for 25% off, costing only $29.99 USD.

:arrow: Source

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, despite the initial server issues many users experienced, this is an extremely faithful and enjoyable remaster. I really wanted to skip it because of the Activision Blizzard scandals, but D2 is one of my all time faves. So the moment I heard Microsoft was buying the company, I picked it up and it's so good. Can't wait for ladder to be added in the next month or two. I hope Microsoft cleans house and pulls the weeds so I can feel less guilty about purchasing the game and eventually getting D4.

Reactions: Xzi and Vorde

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Honestly, despite the initial server issues many users experienced, this is an extremely faithful and enjoyable remaster. I really wanted to skip it because of the Activision Blizzard scandals, but D2 is one of my all time faves. So the moment I heard Microsoft was buying the company, I picked it up and it's so good. Can't wait for ladder to be added in the next month or two. I hope Microsoft cleans house and pulls the weeds so I can feel less guilty about purchasing the game and eventually getting D4.
Ladder was promised for late January, and since the release week the multiplayer with randoms broke on consoles and never was fixed. I want to believe they didn't abandoned this game, but looks like they did (and that, if true, would be a shame, the game is awesome)

Reactions: AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ladder was promised for late January, and since the release week the multiplayer with randoms broke on consoles and never was fixed. I want to believe they didn't abandoned this game, but looks like they did (and that, if true, would be a shame, the game is awesome)
Haven't played with randoms, but I've had zero issues playing with friends. Ladder testing is going on right now apparently. Haven't played in a couple weeks, but I guess it dropped with patch 2.4 on March 2nd.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have about 300 hours in D2R and I have to say, its a faithful remaster and they did a fantastic job. Ladder is starting soon, which is great because the game is a ghost town. Get it on the cheap and join ladder when it starts :)

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have about 300 hours in D2R and I have to say, its a faithful remaster and they did a fantastic job. Ladder is starting soon, which is great because the game is a ghost town. Get it on the cheap and join ladder when it starts :)
Yeah I understand the Activision-Blizzard hate, but this really is their best release in years, and that's because it was developed almost entirely by Vicarious Visions. It plays incredibly well on a controller, better even than KB+M. The netcode though, that I can believe was done exclusively by ActiBlizzard staff lmao.

I just hope we can get the Blizzard library on Steam once Microsoft buys them out, it'd be a great game for the Deck. Assuming it doesn't run on it already...I'd have to check.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wont play this, its not even worth pirating or for a free trial.
not even because of any issues that may or may not exist with blizzard/activision but because of the censorship in the game.

its suppose to be a remaster (so a one to one copy other than improved graphics/quality of life Improvements of what existed) also its a M rated game and there the former diablo community manager confirmed they were under no obligation to censor any 3 of the diablo games.

this is from someone who has otherwise bought every blizzard game (heck even multiple D2 copies back in the day, to trade with myself)

Get Woke Go Broke Blizzard

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont play this, its not even worth pirating or for a free trial.
not even because of any issues that may or may not exist with blizzard/activision but because of the censorship in the game.

its suppose to be a remaster (so a one to one copy other than improved graphics/quality of life Improvements of what existed) also its a M rated game and there the former diablo community manager confirmed they were under no obligation to censor any 3 of the diablo games.

this is from someone who has otherwise bought every blizzard game (heck even multiple D2 copies back in the day, to trade with myself)

Get Woke Go Broke Blizzard
What did they censor?

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What did they censor?
minor things overall but its the principle.

uglified the female characters (Willem Dafoe Amazon is probably the worst example) covered up any of there risque clothing, sideboob on the sorceress, any full topless characters etc.
got rid off the dead harem girls and changed the explanations for the quest in Act2, covered up bare chested statues in some crypts
oh and the dwarf server guy from the cinematic they not only took away his smarmy dialog that showed distain towards Marius, but also rather than his proportions looking like a person suffering from dwarfism they just shrunk a otherwise normally proportioned human.
you know because a minority like a person suffering from dwarfism can't be a jerk and look not "Normal" especially since he dies in the end it would be ableist if he looked accurate. 🙄

just to name a few, like I say tons of little minor things, but since there job was to have none, it would be immoral for me to not hold them accountable for as much as i can as a single long time fan.

• Sad
Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
minor things overall but its the principle.

uglified the female characters (Willem Dafoe Amazon is probably the worst example) covered up any of there risque clothing, sideboob on the sorceress, any full topless characters etc.
got rid off the dead harem girls and changed the explanations for the quest in Act2, covered up bare chested statues in some crypts
oh and the dwarf server guy from the cinematic they not only took away his smarmy dialog that showed distain towards Marius, but also rather than his proportions looking like a person suffering from dwarfism they just shrunk a otherwise normally proportioned human.
you know because a minority like a person suffering from dwarfism can't be a jerk and look not "Normal" especially since he dies in the end it would be ableist if he looked accurate. 🙄

just to name a few, like I say tons of little minor things, but since there job was to have none, it would be immoral for me to not hold them accountable for as much as i can as a single long time fan.
That sucks. I almost considered buying it at one point last week. Western devs and their aversion to anything remotely sexy is really grating to me lately.

Reactions: dude1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!