Diablo 3 Accounts Being Hacked

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Already happend twice to my friend. Guess what their solution was! A rollback! Way to go blizzard......
And the alternative would be... ?
Doing a roll-back *and* plucking the security hole that caused the issue in the first place? ;)

When a little stone falls into your shoe and annoys you to no end, you don't just take your foot out, rub it a bit where it hurts and put it right back into the shoe - you get rid of the stone.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
lol, I suppose you're right Rydian, but given the amount of people going all "omg, there is no issue at all, you are all dumb!!1!" I figured that it'd be best if we establish that in every post for effect.

If this ever happened to Sony, people would create a global army of hate againts the company.

Wait...

Damn... :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah this was one hell of an oversight on their part.

And this is another reason I tend to wait before getting new games, other than the price of course.
What I don't understand is that they have a system that works perfectly fine that's been thoroughly tested throughout the years of using it for World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2, why the exact same system was implemented with gaping holes into Diablo 3 is not something I can easily understand.

What I do wonder is if the ID can indeed be easily obtained and used by someone else on an entirely different game and an entirely different IP... does that spell some opportunities for users who play the pirated version? I mean, if a pirated version of the game will use a spoofed ID of an original one, the system shouldn't know any better, right?

This basically means "one friend buys Diablo and five other friends play it with him for free".

D

Deleted User

I know that people are trying to shit on this game in any way possible, there was no "stealing" Id's in a public game, it was all normal hacks from un-secure people.

I don't care what you think of me, my point is still correct.
Prove it. Do you have proof that it is not possible?

And no, don't shove statements made by Blizzard into anyone's faces - of course they're not going to tell the public they screwed up, it's always the End-User's fault.

Unless you have solid evidence that each and every case was a simple matter of keyloggers and troyans on the computers of victims, you can just as well shush now and wait for more information just like everybody else. You don't have a point - you're just being pushy with your argument without anything to prove its legitimacy whatsoever other than some statement made by a Blizzard employee on a forum. This is hardly proof of anything - the accounts are hacked en-masse, how is it hard to understand is beyond me.

EDIT: And no, we're not here to bash Diablo 3. Diablo is a damn awesome franchise and this is a genuienly great game, but it may have a glaring weakness in its online structure and concern is only natural.
DO YOU have any proof of what you're saying?

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that people are trying to shit on this game in any way possible, there was no "stealing" Id's in a public game, it was all normal hacks from un-secure people.

And no, don't shove statements made by Blizzard into anyone's faces - of course they're not going to tell the public they screwed up, it's always the End-User's fault.

Unless you have solid evidence that each and every case was a simple matter of keyloggers and troyans on the computers of victims, you can just as well shush now and wait for more information just like everybody else. You don't have a point - you're just being pushy with your argument without anything to prove its legitimacy whatsoever other than some statement made by a Blizzard employee on a forum. This is hardly proof of anything - the accounts are hacked en-masse, how is it hard to understand is beyond me.

EDIT: And no, we're not here to bash Diablo 3. Diablo is a damn awesome franchise and this is a genuienly great game, but it may have a glaring weakness in its online structure and concern is only natural.
DO YOU?
None of us have proof. Foxi and others are just theorizing.
While YOU, sir, are stating things as if it were facts.

D

Deleted User

DO YOU?
None of us have proof. Foxi and others are just theorizing.
While YOU, sir, are stating things as if it were facts.
Yes, I do have facts, Facts that are based off other blizzard games I've played for the past 7 years, I've proved that it was normal hacking methods, and blizzard has said so themselves.

SO yes, I did prove it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Facts that are based off other blizzard games I've played for the past 7 years, I've proved that it was normal hacking methods
Jesus fucking christ, did I just read that?

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/astronomy/science.html

Readplz.

and blizzard has said so themselves.
No, blizzard has said they have not yet seen proof for one side.

That does not mean that side is false, just that it has not been proven.

And conversely, it does not prove the opposing theory true.

D

Deleted User

Facts that are based off other blizzard games I've played for the past 7 years, I've proved that it was normal hacking methods
Jesus fucking christ, did I just read that?

http://www.johnpratt...my/science.html

Readplz.

and blizzard has said so themselves.
No, blizzard has said they have not yet seen proof for one side.

That does not mean that side is false, just that it has not been proven.

And conversely, it does not prove the opposing theory true.
We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.​

IT CLEARLY says they haven't found any hack via the things listed in this thread from other.

Let me say this again, The same thing happened during wrath of the Lich king

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just love how he clings to these Blizzard statements like they're golden facts and he's being pushy about it. Shit whats the big deal anyways?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
At first it was funny, then I facepalmed, then I read it again to make sure that my mind isn't playing tricks on me and finally I just felt... Saddened. I'll just say a few things without getting into details here:

>World of Warcraft was secure for me, ergo...
>Diablo 3 must be secure as well.

"I like eggs thus obviously I must like poultry."

>Proof.
>Blizzard said so.

"I don't need to think, I pay an army of people to think for me because I'm not very good at it. By proxy my truth is truther than yours because you are wrong because that's what I was told."

>A huge group of people suddenly experiences issues with account hacking.
>Surely they are all idiots.

"I shall use a stereotype as an argument because science!"

This thread is becoming more and more entertaining by the minute. :lol:

Reactions: 3 people

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Was just thinking that hackers (via suspicious websites) possibly got what they needed for accessing account during beta, so even if people were not accessing suspicious sites now, their accounts are compromised had they done so prior. They waited until now to use this information because beta gave no incentive.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blizzard lies time to time. Remember how they said the Diablo 3 closed beta would give no bonuses then they decided to do it anyway. Remember the lies about balancing and the beta invites to Mists of Pandaria for WoW for a annual subscription. They go back on their word several times so why would you trust a group who lies. Are you stupid? If I lie to you several times would you trust me no. If a company lies several times you do. Wow your not very smart are you. So keep believing their claims as truth when they lied in the past several times and seem to only be increasing the number of lies. That just seems foolish. You cannot trust statements like this since it is only to fix public relations but why not get tricked your the biggest tool on this thread.

Also the past isn't a good record people can change and Blizzard definitely changed after the merger with Activision and not in a good way.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Was just thinking that hackers (via suspicious websites) possibly got what they needed for accessing account during beta, so even if people were not accessing suspicious sites now, their accounts are compromised had they done so prior. They waited until now to use this information because beta gave no incentive.
This theory has some credence, as it's not uncommon for pre-release data on MMOs to be wiped so that everybody has a clean slate on full release.

If the hackers took advantage of users back then, they would have had little to gain and would have gotten a security hole patched before being able to exploit to retail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@