ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FINALLY!
I got Zelda Collector's Edition working in my Wii U after several tries.
I had to do the verification process three times to make it work.

Here's what I did:
*Opened up Devolution app on Wii (as if I were to do the verification from scratch)
*Before selecting the game (let's say I leave the game selection on PZLE01 which is Zelda CE), make sure there is no disc inside the Wii
*Press and hold the reset button while you select the game, and wait. You will get a black screen, but you should observe the Wii's disc LED. When the blue LED flashes twice, that will be your cue to let go of the Reset button and insert the original disc into the Wii.
*Now wait until the game boots, then remove the disc and play a while.
Take all your equipment as it is to the Wii U vWii and check there. It should boot normally.

If the game doesn't boot on vWii but it did on a normal Wii, you have to repeat the process I mentioned again.
This is due to a wrong pairment of the Wiimote on the verification process.
Be sure the Wiimote you will use on the Wii U is the one you are using to verify the game, and also make sure that the Wiimote is connected prior to the verification.

Note that I had to do this process twice until I got the game working on the Wii U.

Hope this information helps!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I wonder, would one of those adapters intended for using a 360 controller on a PS3 work?
Worth a try. Do the adapters connect to the PS3 wirelessly or over USB? (Devolution only accepts information about what button you're pressing over Bluetooth, even if the USB cord is connected.)
If it's USB only, though, it might be a nice solution for Nintendont, at least.

tone45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I can't seem to connect wirelessly to devolution anymore. I have tried using several different wiimotes and a ps3 controller. Pressing the home/PS button will not stop the lights from blinking. It used to work fine but all of a sudden I can only connect via USB or GameCube controller. I can't explain why but it seems to have changed when I tried using Nintendont. Has anyone else had this issue?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going down the compatability list, and Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't have any issues reported. I know for certain that some audio is missing under Dios Mios that is fixed with Devo. (listen after you finish the first level) Has anyone else found games not on the list that have issues?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Going down the compatability list, and Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't have any issues reported. I know for certain that some audio is missing under Dios Mios that is fixed with Devo. (listen after you finish the first level) Has anyone else found games not on the list that have issues?

With how limited I am with my GC library, I can't include more games to the list without searching in flea markets or finding a guy who has GC games to lend me for a while...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty sure there are other ebays

Well, there is something called Mercado Libre for Latin America but damn they put a lot of obstacles to even be able to give a certain amount to the account.
I'll try that one out if I can't find Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine in flea markets next weekend.
I should have never lend those two games away :(

Reactions: portugeek

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with ShadowOne333. Finding games online isn't necessarily simple for everyone. On top of that, you might not trust the seller with your information. And if you DO end up purchasing your games online, you never quite know what shape you're gonna get them in.

Plus gamecube discs are picky little things. I've had discs that look perfect, or just fine, that won't verify. I even take them in and get them buffed, and still nothing. Then I've had discs that look like they're in bad shape (that if I saw personally at a local retailer, I wouldn't buy.) but end up ripping completely and verifying just fine.

It's a lot of obstacles to overcome just to play games that the initial creators are no longer seeing revenue for. Either way I'm happy that an app like Devo exists, and its creator is entitled to create whatever obstacles he see's fit. Fortunately I own about 95% of my gamecube library on disc, so for the most part, I've been alright. But I could definitely list a bunch of times when it's been a huge inconvenience.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree with ShadowOne333. Finding games online isn't necessarily simple for everyone. On top of that, you might not trust the seller with your information. And if you DO end up purchasing your games online, you never quite know what shape you're gonna get them in.

Plus gamecube discs are picky little things. I've had discs that look perfect, or just fine, that won't verify. I even take them in and get them buffed, and still nothing. Then I've had discs that look like they're in bad shape (that if I saw personally at a local retailer, I wouldn't buy.) but end up ripping completely and verifying just fine.

It's a lot of obstacles to overcome just to play games that the initial creators are no longer seeing revenue for. Either way I'm happy that an app like Devo exists, and its creator is entitled to create whatever obstacles he see's fit. Fortunately I own about 95% of my gamecube library on disc, so for the most part, I've been alright. But I could definitely list a bunch of times when it's been a huge inconvenience.

Third to that, I also have my very favorite NGC games with me, the ones I care the most.But for the three I lend to people that moved to the USA, that's another story... Now I have to find someone that can lend me those three games just to verify them, I think I found someone with both Sunshine and Melee... But damn I can't find ANYONE with a Luigi's Mansion copy!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
That's strange I just tried it out with both Devo/DML and I'm not having any sound issues.

Sdg124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten most of my gamecube games to work. However, there is one (star fox adventures) that the disc is fairly scratched up. The system blinks 10 times, then resets. I can't seem to get it to verify. What does the 10 blinks mean?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had the same issue with Super Mario Sunshine as the one I was having with Zelda Collector's Edition.
I had to do the verification process twice to get it working...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.