Hacking Devolution - Public Release

megatokyo500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you are not responsible for my mis-reading, but you are responsible for your own manners, maturity, and common courtesy. I'd say if you sincerely want to help people in this thread, it would benefit them and your self not to slam people for their mistakes and short comings, but rather to help them into the light with patience and clear guidance.
If you really want help maybe you should post the logs like I suggested?

Reactions: MassiveRican

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Finally got my Wii and the AV cables back!

So with that, I got to test the Zelda Collector's Edition on my Wii U once again as well for the other games with issues...
And no luck.

Zelda Collector's Edition STILL doesn't boot at all, not even with AV cables, HDMI, different outputs (480i, 480p, 720p. 1080p), so there is a small issue that needs to be tweaked with the Wii U version of Devolution.
And for the other onces I mentioned, still the same too.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So with that, I got to test the Zelda Collector's Edition on my Wii U once again as well for the other games with issues...
And no luck.

Zelda Collector's Edition STILL doesn't boot at all, not even with AV cables, HDMI, different outputs (480i, 480p, 720p. 1080p), so there is a small issue that needs to be tweaked with the Wii U version of Devolution.

Don't know if it is a region thing but I have the Zelda Collectors Edition working perfectly here on a Wii U.

JamsTheKuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having a problem similar to what ShadowOne333 is describing. I've ripped and verified about 16 games for use with Devolution. All of them work, except two of the games (being Chibi Robo and Paper Mario) give me a black screen when I try to boot them up on the Wii U. I ran Wi-fi logging while booting Chibi Robo on the Wii and the Wii U, here are the results:

Wii
http://pastebin.com/EpGcyqmv
Wii U
http://pastebin.com/q3Nm7nZe

If someone could shed some light on what's happening, I'd greatly appreciate it!

megatokyo500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't anybody read the readme.txt file?
If you wish to repeat the original process for a game that has already been played (for
example to link it with different wiimotes), remove any discs from the wii and hold the
reset button when you choose the game to launch. Release the reset button only when the
slot led starts the two-flashes sequence and continue from Step 5.

JamsTheKuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually after re-verifying it started up normally on the Wii U. I guess I just did something wrong the first time. I'll do the same with Paper Mario then. Thanks for your help man!

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't even get to the verification part because the selection for loading an ISO doesn't show me any games, though the HDD was mounted. My primary partition is FAT32 in 32 bit clusters (I've also tried it in NTFS)

I tried these path configurations:

USB:\games\[id of game].iso
USB:\games\(game title) [[id of game]])\game.iso
USB:\games\(game title) [[id of game]])\[id of game].iso

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't even get to the verification part because the selection for loading an ISO doesn't show me any games, though the HDD was mounted. My primary partition is FAT32 in 32 bit clusters (I've also tried it in NTFS)

I tried these path configurations:

USB:\games\[id of game].iso
USB:\games\(game title) [[id of game]])\game.iso
USB:\games\(game title) [[id of game]])\[id of game].iso

check my tutorial and see if it helps you:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...card-emulation-wii-wii-u.359761/#post-4898383

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't know if it is a region thing but I have the Zelda Collectors Edition working perfectly here on a Wii U.

But that's weird since it boots fine in a normal Wii, and the game is NTSC that I know.

Doesn't anybody read the readme.txt file?

I did exactly that once again for Zelda CE but the same thing happens, black screen upon boot...

gyr0ray0

Trophies
XP

And no luck.

If you're using a pendrive, don't ever use Kingston, devolution hates Kingston, use adata instead, that might fix your problem.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's weird since it boots fine in a normal Wii, and the game is NTSC that I know.

I did exactly that once again for Zelda CE but the same thing happens, black screen upon boot...

What loader have you been using on the Wii U? Have you tried another one?

I've not had any problems with Zelda CE on my Wii U (with CFG loader, for the record).

I don't know about other loaders, but in that one, you have individual game options for things like running discless or with a virtual memory card, if your loader has such individual game settings, are you sure they are set right in the settings for that game?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you're using a pendrive, don't ever use Kingston, devolution hates Kingston, use adata instead, that might fix your problem.

It's not a pendrive issue since the game boots on my normal Wii.

What loader have you been using on the Wii U? Have you tried another one?

I've not had any problems with Zelda CE on my Wii U (with CFG loader, for the record).

I don't know about other loaders, but in that one, you have individual game options for things like running discless or with a virtual memory card, if your loader has such individual game settings, are you sure they are set right in the settings for that game?

I use Wiiflow.
The thing is that even when booting the by the Devolution app alone, I get the black screen. Same with Wiiflow, and I have the same settings in Wiiflow as I do once I boot the game in a normal Wii, and only in vWii it doesn't boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1