iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
OK so does Devolution allow for gamecube games to be played without lag on an HDTV? I'm talking about the kind of lag you get when you press a button and then the action happens 10ms or so later (depends on the HDTV). Very noticeable on games like SSBM.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so does Devolution allow for gamecube games to be played without lag on an HDTV? I'm talking about the kind of lag you get when you press a button and then the action happens 10ms or so later (depends on the HDTV). Very noticeable on games like SSBM.

WHOA a legit question! Depends on the TV, I personally never experienced bad lag on my HDTV, but most models have what's called a Game Mode which removes any post-processing, reducing lag.

Ok the_randomizer. I'm done. It was fun though. lol Try not to take it too serious dude. I'm just voicing my opinion thats all. Your free to voice your own. If you read the Australian law link that was posted earlier, theres some good proof there. Brothers gotta hug. :)
Disregard :lol:

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what's called "input lag". This is usually caused by one or a combination of three things:
-deinterlacing
-upscaling
-post-processing

The first can be averted with Wii component cables. The second by itself is very rarely an issue, but can only be avoided by using a Wii U (which doesn't really work with devolution currently), the Dolphin emulator, or an external hardware-based upscaler. The last one can be averted by setting "game mode" or "PC mode", or by using a physical PC input like VGA or DisplayPort.

This website may be relevant to your interests, but it really only tests for input lag caused by post-processing and the display's actual response time:
http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Please stop feeding the Troll. There is a separate forum thread about the anti piracy in devolution. All questions about if it's legal belong there 2. If it's illegal in Australia he could just form an international charity organisation with a member from Russia or Jaka Maka and have his companion distribute his work. Please keep this thread for technical stuff and not for legally matter time wasting discussions. It's obviously that his AP stuff can't work if the application is open source. He claims that he isn't using any gpl stuff in it. If that's the case, he doesn't need to publish the source of it. We have to take him on his word for that, since his code is encrypted as part of the AP protection. Don't understand me wrong. I am more a fan of open source as it helps me to learn to understand how things work and it allows me to fix the things I find annoying myself.
Point is, this the wrong place for this discussion.

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answers. I really don't have a problem with it, my tv only has like 1 or 2 ms of lag but I was just wondering. I figured it was only doable on the WiiU. Can't wait until a working version is released!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like obcd said, don't feed the troll !
I removed two pages of comments resulting on one troll post.
You know it's not the correct place to discuss that matter, just report it instead of feeling outraged and need to reply.

Reactions: tmv_josue

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like obcd said, don't feed the troll !
I removed two pages of comments resulting on one troll post.
You know it's not the correct place to discuss that matter, just report it instead of feeling outraged and need to reply.
Darn it Cyan you got rid of my beautiful work. Jk :P I won't do it again.

Glad to see that this thread is back to its abandoned worthless state.

Reactions: the_randomizer

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Mi Wii ust crashed on me while playing Devolution. Not sure if it was the Wii, HBC or Devolution or perhaps even just the game. It was freezing still with an annoying eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound and i had to cut it from power. never happened to me before. probably just a random glitch.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just today when playing with my friends super smash bros melee in the last battle we seen a stoppages but it doesn't freeze. Is the first time I see it.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan: Why not move all deleted AP posts in the correct topic instead of deleting them?
Moving posts does nothing besides allow people to lazily post wherever they want. Deleting them however, makes it visible to anyone else who's thinking about posting about it, that it doesn't belong here.

@izzydeank: It has nothing to do with a hunger for power. Rules are rules. When each and every one of us signed up to these forums, we agreed to follow it's rules. This isn't some kind of free speech democracy, and removing the posts isn't a personal attack at you. It simply an authority administering the rules.

I'm usually pretty impartial. And I'm sure what I'm saying right now probably sounds like I'm picking sides. But how hard headed do people have to be? There's been 43 posts (yes I counted), removed from this page alone, do to AP talk. That's ridiculous! Just talk about it somewhere else. ANYWHERE else. It's like people want to talk about it here simply because they KNOW they can't.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
In case anyone missed it:
FYI I'm not "wanting" anything - I am
already able to play gamecube games
using the wii's/wii u's/ps3's bluetooth
controllers, so telling me that it's not
possible is rather redundant.

In a youtube comment a few weeks ago, if that's a reliable source. also, regarding AP, it's entirely possible tueidj just doesn't want idiots and cheaters ruining his PSO.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In case anyone missed it:

In a youtube comment a few weeks ago, if that's a reliable source. also, regarding AP, it's entirely possible tueidj just doesn't want idiots and cheaters ruining his PSO.

Yes, I also have read this comment.

I suppose that the statement is true and my silly question is "WHY HE HAS NOT RELEASED IT YET?"

P.S I know that the reason is mainly the disc verification issue for Wii U....

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S I know that the reason is mainly the disc verification issue for Wii U....
People keep saying this but I don't buy it because that wouldn't prevent such controller functionality from working on a normal Wii. As I've stated elsewhere, the only thing I think would make sense would be that it doesn't reliably work yet or there are associated outstanding bugs.

Just because the controllers work doesn't mean they work well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: hmmm, i got no clue, i need to re-check their step by step guide