Hacking Devolution - Public Release

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I also have read this comment.

I suppose that the statement is true and my silly question is "WHY HE HAS NOT RELEASED IT YET?"

P.S I know that the reason is mainly the disc verification issue for Wii U....

It probably needs some more work, Or he just doesn't care, really one or the other. WiiU support certainly isn't the reason since 'it couldn't play gamecube games anyways'

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
People keep saying this but I don't buy it because that wouldn't prevent such controller functionality from working on a normal Wii. As I've stated elsewhere, the only thing I think would make sense would be that it doesn't reliably work yet or there are associated outstanding bugs.

Just because the controllers work doesn't mean they work well.

I guess your point is valid.

I really wonder why tueidj abandoned his own topic in GBATemp.In fact,he is missing from any public forum to my knowledge.
It is really sad that we do not know his intentions about Devolution's future and his progress.

It seems that he is perfectly happy to not share anything about Devolution on Wii U...:(

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
AFAIK the last time he spoke of Devolution was here on February 14th:
http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/t342p15-wii-support#3415

Sure enough that hard drive issue he was replying to got fixed the following revision.

Supposedly WiiBrew doesn't allow anything regarding USB Loaders.
AFAIK the last time he spoke of Devolution was here on February 14th:
http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/t342p15-wii-support#3415

Sure enough that hard drive issue he was replying to got fixed the following revision.

Supposedly WiiBrew doesn't allow anything regarding USB Loaders.

I wonder why he left from here...He anandones his own topic dedicated to his greater achievement till today.

Also,I am sure that there are a few people that can find him and ask him about Devolution on Wii u... (But where are they?;))

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well theoretically one could possibly ask him about Devolution on WiiBrew via their PM system, but I personally am not bold and courageous enough to do such a thing.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and about the disk verification in WiiU, at least there's not official reports of someone testing a GC disk in one of those mini disk adapters in a Family Wii
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-isos.342993/page-3#post-4650264
Holy crap, that's pretty huge news actually. Like I said, extra controller support should work on even a normal Wii, so therefore if a new revision gets released with said controller support but without anything special for the Family Wii (and possibly Wii U) there will still be a way to make the games work on those GameCube-less systems.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read this.
It requires an extra 3-inch disc adapter purchase.
I think a lot of people will be turned off...
Better than nothing, no? That doesn't mean it'll become officially sanctioned by tueidj, it just means it'll be a way to get it working if he adds extra controller support without anything special for GameCube-less consoles.

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im still waiting for classic controller support for devolution as i have a bunch of gc games, gc memcard but no gc controller.

i hope the dev of devolution sees this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-