Hacking Devolution - Public Release

NJ7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone verify that Super Smash Bros. Melee NTSC 1.00 has texture and graphic errors.....also was wondering if this was a problem with the NTSC 1.01 and 1.02 versions, or if it's just a problem with 1.00.....hoping sometime this gets fixed either way.....

By the way great job......Crazy Taxi, Super Mario Sunshine, and Luigi's Mansion run great with r101.....be testing Starfox Adventures and Mario Kart Double Dash when they arrive.....this has me so excited, I've decided to purchase some new gamecube games to try this awesome loader out.......

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone verify that Super Smash Bros. Melee NTSC 1.00 has texture and graphic errors.....also was wondering if this was a problem with the NTSC 1.01 and 1.02 versions, or if it's just a problem with 1.00.....hoping sometime this gets fixed either way.....
I have SSBM NTSC 1.00 and I verify that it does have graphic errors and was wondering the same thing as well..

NJ7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the first post...

See the first post saying that SSBM is not 100% perfect, ok, I assume then this is with all versions of the game, or is this a bad assumption.....hopefully you'll figure it out eventually how to fix this, but there is no rush, thanks for reply, didn't see that part until now, overlooked...

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have SSBM NTSC 1.00 and I verify that it does have graphic errors and was wondering the same thing as well..

I've been testing this neat app myself these past two days and I can confirm the NTSC 1.02 version has those errors aswell, so 1.01 is very likely to have them aswell

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all good. I mean it's still playable and I'm sure tueidj will make an update that will fix this problem sometime in the future. But I'm not sweatin' him about it :)

wiisixtyfour

Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States

I've been testing this neat app myself these past two days and I can confirm the NTSC 1.02 version has those errors aswell, so 1.01 is very likely to have them aswell
Yes 1.01 and 1.02 look the same (I have both)

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It never occurred/occurs with either of my wiis.

The Eternal Darkness options menu has a bass beat that repeats every 5 seconds, is that what you're talking about?

lovecf4444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is a static noise that can be differentiated from the background music easily, and it is kind of like of TA TA ............ TA TA............. , looping,Maybe FIX94 could reproduce it out since he/she once had the same problem.

lovecf4444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah ,the same sound at 00:03 seconds, is it the sound of bass beat? Sorry, I should have checked it out by playing the retail disc itself.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I just dumped a boatload of games and I'm very impressed with tueidj's work. Most of the glitches are with 2D graphics and only one or two games with audio issues. I'm sorry, I don't have a USB Gecko for debugging, but I thought my brief testing might be useful for others;

Perfect (from my limited testing)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
The Simpsons Hit and Run

Glitchy
Baten Kaitos ― Black screen after FMV intro
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ― Static instead of audio, glitched 2D graphics
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance ― Minor graphical glitches on character avatars during discussions
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes ― Minor graphical glitches and audio static on inventory screen
Metal Gear Solid ― Doesn't get past Konami splash
Tales of Symphonia ― Minor glitches on status screen
Zelda Wind Waker ― Minor graphical glitches
Sonic Heroes ― Splash screen and menu graphical glitches

Crap
Star Wars Bounty Hunter ― Exit back to HBC
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within ― Black screen with constant disc light

Just dumping the rest now, as well as scanning some full covers for GameTDB (if you see your game on the list in UK/PAL region, check for new covers in the next few days).

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just dumped a boatload of games and I'm very impressed with tueidj's work. Most of the glitches are with 2D graphics and only one or two games with audio issues. I'm sorry, I don't have a USB Gecko for debugging, but I thought my brief testing might be useful for others;

Perfect (from my limited testing)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
The Simpsons Hit and Run

Glitchy
Baten Kaitos ― Black screen after FMV intro
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ― Static instead of audio, glitched 2D graphics
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance ― Minor graphical glitches on character avatars during discussions
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes ― Minor graphical glitches and audio static on inventory screen
Metal Gear Solid ― Doesn't get past Konami splash
Tales of Symphonia ― Minor glitches on status screen
Zelda Wind Waker ― Minor graphical glitches
Sonic Heroes ― Splash screen and menu graphical glitches

Crap
Star Wars Bounty Hunter ― Exit back to HBC
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within ― Black screen with constant disc light

Just dumping the rest now, as well as scanning some full covers for GameTDB (if you see your game on the list in UK/PAL region, check for new covers in the next few days).

Weird. Rogue Leader black screens at mission briefing for me. Have to use DIOS-MIOS to get it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy