Hacking Devolution - Public Release

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure about that... when it validates the disc it is doing things that other programs definitely do not do - reading the GC disc/making some sort of security hash/writing to the hard drive - and only one person knows exactly what that is and how much risk it entails.
We talk about 256 bytes, how that can make problems? :P Most things will work via mem anyways, the encryption and stuff, so thats nothing really which you could call risky.

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once again, Devolution's AP is not able to verify a clean, genuine, disc. This time it is XGIII: Extreme G Racing. While Rogue Leader shows five quick flashes when the disc is inserted, then hard locks the Wii, XGIII: Extreme G Racing does not flash the drive LED after reading the disc. It just locks up the Wii.....
Strange how other people (including myself) are able to use these games without any problems. Perhaps you have neglected to mention some modifications that have been made to your specific wii.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems running Zelda Collection. (Pal) The game dumped fine, dragged the iso to the games folder, loaded up the Devolution loader (sees the game) load the game and the drive doesn't flash at all and throws me back to the HBC?

Iv'e tried on two wii's and it's the same.

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He posted a picture of a trashed root directory which Devolution never modifies. If it somehow did accidentally write the .dvv file over the top of it the apps directory wouldn't still be there.

Reactions: 1 person

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, is there anyway/program to get game saves from the original GC memory cards and put our saves on the hard drive? I got a SSBM game save with over 600+ hours of gameplay with EVERYTHING!! I don't want to have to lose all that cause I want to backup my game copy.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, is there anyway/program to get game saves from the original GC memory cards and put our saves on the hard drive? I got a SSBM game save with over 600+ hours of gameplay with EVERYTHING!! I don't want to have to lose all that cause I want to backup my game copy.

Holy snot, dude! My memory card would corrupt at least once a month! Third party though.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Holy snot, dude! My memory card would corrupt at least once a month! Third party though.
I had a friend that had an unoffical card and his would too, but I don't think it was once a month. Mine's offical and I got an unofficial one for backup saves just in case.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
There's several ones. You can try this one, which worked well for me, I've also used Swiss but it would require that you have an SD Gecko. There is also GCMM Mod12 and NuGasa but I have nothing but official ninty cards and those programs did not work, however there's plenty of reports of them working on 3rd party cards.

wiisixtyfour

Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I've also tried Star Wars: Rogue Leader (Rogue Squadron 2) and I have the same issue as wiimodesyndrome. Just ripped the game with CleanRip 1.04, put it into the "games" folder and tried to run it with Devolution. The slot blinks twice at a time until i put the disc in. It verifies then flashes 5 times. It freezes afterwards and I have to power off the Wii. The DVV file "GSWE00.DVV" is full of zeroes instead of the usual encryption.
Maybe it is because it is the earliest version of the disc? (1.00)

EDIT: Forgot to mention its the US NTSC version of the game. Also, the bottom of the disc says "DOL-GSWE-0-00 JPN"

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's several ones. You can try this one, which worked well for me, I've also used Swiss but it would require that you have an SD Gecko. There is also GCMM Mod12 and NuGasa but I have nothing but official ninty cards and those programs did not work, however there's plenty of reports of them working on 3rd party cards.
Thanks for the reply MassiveRican I will see what I can do and let you know if I can get it

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've tried all 35 of my gamecube games on devolution and I'm happy to say that only 6 don't work at all. Those are:

Star wars rogue leader
Wave race blue storm
Luigi's mansion
F-Zero GX
Extreme G3
Pokemon XD gale of darkness

Luckily all 6 of those work on DML. So it's no loss :) Thanks again tueidj

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Bryon15 Wave race blue storm is surely working here though on Devolution. Have played multiple courses of it.
Besides that im working on a compatibility list for both Dios Mios in conjunction with Devolution.
I currently tend to use Dios Mios if possible ... as it already is supported by USBLoaderGX.
If a game fails/has audio streaming/or is multidisc it's time to enter Devolution into the mix.

That's the reason I have not tried Luigi's Mansion with Devolution but I can tell it works on Dios Mios.
At the moment of writing I tested 42 of my gamecube games.
Only 2 games seem to have real problems:

Metroid Prime 2 - Echoes > Whatever I do it always seems to black screen after the dolby pro logic screens

Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess > Would not load with a blank save, the first cutscene seems to give an issue on both Devolution and Dios Mios.
So I played a bit from disc till I could save. After that tried both Devolution and Dios Mios .. .Devo has some gfx issues and going from one village to another seems problematic.
Dios Mios did not seem to have that same issue.

Still have a bunch of multidiscs (aka Resident Evil collection) to test among others.
As soon as I finish my findings I'll let you all know :)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Bryon15 Wave race blue storm is surely working here though on Devolution. Have played multiple courses of it.
Besides that im working on a compatibility list for both Dios Mios in conjunction with Devolution.
I currently tend to use Dios Mios if possible ... as it already is supported by USBLoaderGX.
If a game fails/has audio streaming/or is multidisc it's time to enter Devolution into the mix.

That's the reason I have not tried Luigi's Mansion with Devolution but I can tell it works on Dios Mios.
At the moment of writing I tested 42 of my gamecube games.
Only 2 games seem to have real problems:

Metroid Prime 2 - Echoes > Whatever I do it always seems to black screen after the dolby pro logic screens

Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess > Would not load with a blank save, the first cutscene seems to give an issue on both Devolution and Dios Mios.
So I played a bit from disc till I could save. After that tried both Devolution and Dios Mios .. .Devo has some gfx issues and going from one village to another seems problematic.
Dios Mios did not seem to have that same issue.

Still have a bunch of multidiscs (aka Resident Evil collection) to test among others.
As soon as I finish my findings I'll let you all know :)
Well, hate to burst your bubble but, I have very different results.
Waverace bleu storm does not work here with devolution PAL version.
Metroid prime 2 and TP I have ZERO isseus with using devolution or Dios Mios.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once again, Devolution's AP is not able to verify a clean, genuine, disc. This time it is XGIII: Extreme G Racing. While Rogue Leader shows five quick flashes when the disc is inserted, then hard locks the Wii, XGIII: Extreme G Racing does not flash the drive LED after reading the disc. It just locks up the Wii.....
Strange how other people (including myself) are able to use these games without any problems. Perhaps you have neglected to mention some modifications that have been made to your specific wii.
Do you have Pal game lying around?

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes NTSC: Doesn't work. Loads fine, but then hangs with onscreen text: "ERROR: module 'shared/mgso.rel' is too big limit is 4868096 size is -2130739200 over by -2135607296". USBGecko: http://pastie.org/pr...qwvgxjsn6hk9tdq
If you need the hundreds of direct ARAM request log lines, tueidj, let me know. Pastie wouldn't let me paste the entire thing.

Same with the PAL Version =)

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wave Race is working if you force the Video Mode to 576i.
However Prince of Persia Trilogy isn't working. Doesn't matter which loader.

So finally it's a nice loader but concerning compatibility, it seems diosmios is the better choice.
However both loaders are completing each other. Means with both loader the user can reach almost 100% game compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half