Hacking Devolution - Public Release

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Isn't there some software that changes NTFS to FAT32?

If there is some software that it does something like that,please someone tell us...

edit : Does Wiiflow support disc verification or this is a process I ought to do via Devo Loader only?

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
If there is some software that it does something like that,please someone tell us...

edit : Does Wiiflow support disc verification or this is a process I ought to do via Devo Loader only?

I don't know of a software for NTFS=>FAT conversion. There exists convertfs for Linux, that uses loop-back and pseudo-convert a file-system (it actually generates a loop-back with all files, formats device, places loop-back on device), but I doubt it supports NTFS. Either way, you won't save much time compared to "move everything away, format, move everything back".

The loader does not matter, Devolution does the verification itself upon start of the game.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I don't know of a software for NTFS=>FAT conversion. There exists convertfs for Linux, that uses loop-back and pseudo-convert a file-system (it actually generates a loop-back with all files, formats device, places loop-back on device), but I doubt it supports NTFS. Either way, you won't save much time compared to "move everything away, format, move everything back".

The loader does not matter, Devolution does the verification itself upon start of the game.

http://www.disk-partition.com/resource/convert-ntfs-to-fat32-partition.html

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
Way to crack Devolutions AP: Emulate a Wiimote with a different bluetooth device (smartphone, USB dongle), give it a fixed Bluetooth MAC address, let someone with this emulation setup verify a bunch of original discs, share the emulated Wiimote's flash -> ??? -> profit.

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Way to crack Devolutions AP: Emulate a Wiimote with a different bluetooth device (smartphone, USB dongle), give it a fixed Bluetooth MAC address, let someone with this emulation setup verify a bunch of original discs, share the emulated Wiimote's flash -> ??? -> profit.

The encryption of the .dvv files still depends on the usb-device/sd-card which is used.

Reactions: kp_centi

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply!

My second choice (albeit more time consuming) is to format in FAT32.

Is there any program to format USB HDDs to Fat32?

Also,what cluster size is recomended?

Thanks in advance!

Right now I'm using EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition to format USB devices.
32k cluster size is usually recommended just in case you want to use both Devolution and DIOS-MIOS (32k cluster size only) as well.

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing zelda windwaker on my cc pro controller when I entered a house, the game exited and went back to homebrew channel. Two seconds later on the homebrew channel, I get an error screen.

Is there issues with devolution and windwaker?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Normally this wouldn't bother me but
Sonic Heroes still has this problem and it's not just limited to that screenshot, many sections of the game that are harder to take a screenshot have this problem.
*The color of the inverted question mark is irrelevant; it's intended to change color.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's an issue with a game then report it on the compatibility wiki - it currently lists "Sonic Heroes" as 'works' which is, according to you, not the case.

buckchow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: You can not verify games on WiiU with the disc adapter. On Family Edition Wii, it might be a possibility
Ahh, shame. I would love to know what's preventing this from working on the Wii U since I imagine the issue will be related to the ability to rip GC discs and play the discs in the system directly in the Wii U drive.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, shame. I would love to know what's preventing this from working on the Wii U since I imagine the issue will be related to the ability to rip GC discs and play the discs in the system directly in the Wii U drive.
I'm going to make an inference that it's because of the lack of AHBPROT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...