Hacking Devolution - Public Release

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird to find out about this from neogaf considering I always check this site for updates haha

Is it possible to connect wii pro cc and a ps3 controller as controllers 1 and 2?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's possible, the readme indicates that you can have multiple controllers connected at the same time (Toggle the global rumble setting for all emulated controllers).

edit: like said above :ninja:

Reactions: kp_centi

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Future Improvements
Things that are already planned:
- Wiimote support
- BBA emulation
- USB microphone support instead of the GC microphone
Things that may be added:
- GBA connectivity to a GBA emulator via TCP/IP
Looking at the original list of expected improvements, he's come a long way (and it's had some other, unexpected improvements, too, along the way.)

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just tried my ds3 and cc pro controller. It works!!! It even allows you to choose which controller you want. Great!!

Is it possible to use ds3 controller wirelessly? I tried but the ds3 leds keep flashing

Nvm. I just read the readme. Im playing zelda on my ds3 wirelessly. Sweet

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
im not having any luck getting it to work on the wiiU.. with the games on the sd card, it just gives the 00000000 id and cant change it or start a game.. if i try to use my harddrive, it says it isnt mounted.. no luck on the wiiu for me

I have exactly the same problem! For a strange reason,Devolution cannot mount my HDD via Wii U.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I can assure you that all the USB Loaders can mount my HDD with no problem...:(

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I HAVE to press the Home button every time I launch a game in Devolution? That's kind of annoying...

You probably need to enable the "Direct Mapping" setting (if available in the loader) :
YES YES YES. I came to complain how A and B = B and Y, but you have just made my day since I didn't know about that function.

im not having any luck getting it to work on the wiiU.. with the games on the sd card, it just gives the 00000000 id and cant change it or start a game.. if i try to use my harddrive, it says it isnt mounted.. no luck on the wiiu for me

I have exactly the same problem! For a strange reason,Devolution cannot mount my HDD via Wii U.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I can assure you that all the USB Loaders can mount my HDD with no problem...:(
Make sure you're not pressing the wrong button in the sample loader. Since in GC games X & Y are mapped to A and X by default, you need to press the X button on a CC/pro to mount a USB drive, not the Y button.

EDIT: wait, is direct button mapping not supported in the sample loader? Awww... Come on Maxternal where's your sample loader mod? :P

EDIT 2: I wonder if it'd be possible to remap the controls at all via a sample loader mod, or is that direct button mapping the only control settings given?

Reactions: Maxternal

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it working on the wiiU now.. i just did a redump on my wii to get it working on the sd card.. the hard drive setup on the other hand is still a big fail (still wont mount drive)..

but at least i can access it through usb loader gx

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i got it working on the wiiU now.. i just did a redump on my wii to get it working on the sd card.. the hard drive setup on the other hand is still a big fail (still wont mount drive)..

but at least i can access it through usb loader gx
so the HDD mounts just fine on your normal Wii with Devolution?
Have you tried all the different USB ports on Wii U ? (shouldn't matter I don't think but worth a try)
Assuming a WiFi log still works from a Wii U and that it's not failing BEFORE the WiFi logging starts, you could always post a log here and hope tueidj sees it (seems to have worked in the past)

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes the drive mounts no issue on the wii and loads the games via the devo loader,

hmm i just found my wiiU issue..

if my wiiU HD is also connected, devo doesnt like that and tries to deafult to the wiiU drive (connected on the front usb ports) and not my wii drive which is plugged into the back usb ports

super waluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out?

I've ripped Chibi Robo, Mario Sunshine, and Smash Bros to my 16gb USB drive and everytime I load up devolution and press X to mount USB, I get

'Disc ID 0000000
Press START to Exit'

Can someone help me find out what the problem is? I see something in the readme about a sample loader but I don't think I have that? I have the ISOs in a 'games' folder on the USB, and there's nothing else on the USB. I load Cleanrip and Devolution off of a 4gb SD card (which also holds GC saves)
I'm a Wiibrew noob so please bear with me ._.

super waluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How odd

I pressed 2 on the Wiimote and everything worked fine, but using the Classic Controller wouldn't work

Ah well! Got Mario Sunshine to load! :D

Now, can someone guide me in how I can get games running on WiiU, with a PS3 controller, in 16:9 mode?

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I tried playing Animal Crossing with a Wii Classic Controller Pro. Is it me or the controls are set funny. Like the letters do not match the one of gamecube. I kept toggling back and forth between CCP and GC Controller, and it does not align up right.

EDIT; Y is B // B is A
This is weird
What are you complaining about? :huh: That's the only sensible button mapping.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
EDIT: wait, is direct button mapping not supported in the sample loader? Awww... Come on Maxternal where's your sample loader mod? :P

EDIT 2: I wonder if it'd be possible to remap the controls at all via a sample loader mod, or is that direct button mapping the only control settings given?
Well, for now at least I seem to remember seeing a button combination in the readme to switch between the button mappings.

I haven't looked at the code yet but I think Cyan mentioned there being an option to change it in there so that should be possible, too.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the verification tied to a single wiimote or can you do it on multiple wiimotes? if you want to set up on wiiu and wii do you have to transfer a single wiimote back and forth for verification?

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a noob to Devolution (I've been using DM), does the drive have to be formatted in FAT32? Also, what do you have to do for verification?

And I really hope that since the WUPC is supported, we'll get a way to use them fully on vWii.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
However if you launch the game on a different Wii/WiiU, you
will need to perform Step 5 (connect one of the same wiimotes used in the original
process) instead of being able to skip boths Steps 5 and 6.
So does this mean if I have to pop the disc again on a different system or just have the wii mote?

ALSO:
Yesterday I spent my whole day adding like 30 plus games to the compatibility chart, does this mean I can add another confirmed number when I test them on r200 or just change the rev version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom