Hacking Devolution - Public Release

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a noob to Devolution (I've been using DM), does the drive have to be formatted in FAT32? Also, what do you have to do for verification?

And I really hope that since the WUPC is supported, we'll get a way to use them fully on vWii.

For verification you need to pop the original disc in, wait a few seconds and that's it. Just a one-time verification process:P

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I just verified AC on my Wii with all 3 of my wiimotes on. I then went to my WiiU, booted the game, I forgot there is no disc light, took me 5mins to realize to press the red sync buttons on both and worked. You only need to pop the disc in once period. It would be nice to have GUI on the screen telling us what to do. haha

EDIT: You can not verify games on WiiU with the disc adapter. On Family Edition Wii, it might be a possibility

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just verified AC on my Wii with all 3 of my wiimotes on. I then went to my WiiU, booted the game, I forgot there is no disc light, took me 5mins to realize to press the red sync buttons on both and worked. You only need to pop the disc in once period. It would be nice to have GUI on the screen telling us what to do. haha

Cool, so any of the wiimotes can make the games work on your Wii U then?

Doesn't the wiimote reset if there are no batteries in it for some period of time? Won't they forget the verification in that case?

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only tried one Wii mote, also I don't think the Wiimote themselves hold the info, considering the limited space. I believe, DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS, the new r200 DVV files hold Wiimote files like the serial number or something and uses that to makre sure what WiiMote is being used. I don't think any info is stored on the WiiMote

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Cool, so any of the wiimotes can make the games work on your Wii U then?

Doesn't the wiimote reset if there are no batteries in it for some period of time? Won't they forget the verification in that case?

Wiimotes have a little internal memory 6kb (IIRC), it's the same memory used to store Miis

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... I must be an idiot... Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to use this?

I installed the game.. I think I verified it on the wii.. But on the Wii U.. I get that it can't find any games.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I've got Animal Crossing to run. However I cannot get my Wii U pro controller to work with it. It connects just fine, I just can't get it any of the home button feature to work (like change gc controller slots). I can use the power button with it? It's strange.

I think my problem might have to do with my Wii U pro controller being one of the (possibly?) fake ones from eachgame.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that isn't a fan of how the L button on the Classic/Pro Controller mapped? If you accidentally press that button in an FPS game you're pretty much screwed.

I believe, DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS, the new r200 DVV files hold Wiimote files like the serial number or something and uses that to makre sure what WiiMote is being used. I don't think any info is stored on the WiiMote
This would make sense seeing how I had to re-verify my games even though I'm using the exact same setup as what I used on r197.

EDIT: Regarding A/B => B/Y...
What are you complaining about? :huh: That's the only sensible button mapping.
Not if you're very familiar with the SNES/DS button layout and are playing Fish N Drips.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to get used to the layout now, but I like how it gives you an option.

- Emulation of the Gamecube modem hardware using the Wii's networking hardware (wifi or
wired)
This is still the Dial Up Adapter being emulated RIGHT? Not the Broadband Adapter?

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to get used to the layout now, but I like how it gives you an option.
Do any of the current loader versions even let you change the setting for said option?

This is still the Dial Up Adapter being emulated RIGHT? Not the Broadband Adapter?
Dial up adapter; modem typically meant dial-up until recently with the proliferation of broadband.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do any of the current loader versions even let you change the setting for said option?

Dial up adapter; modem typically meant dial-up until recently with the proliferation of broadband.
I don't believe any USB loader has that option implemented YET!. [Come on now! It just came out today! ;)]
I figured it will eventually grow to the BBA, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think that I need some serious help...

I spent a lot of hours to dump my GC games in my NTFS HDD using my old Wii.After that I tried to verify them with Devo Loader but the loader fails to mount my USB HDD.

I tried to press the corresponding button on the CC and on the Wiimote but no luck.I am pretty sure right now that Devo Loader cannot mount NTFS HDDs.

My second choice was to use a USB Loader to verify the games.I am using Wiiflow for years and this loader have never any problem to mount my NTFS HDD.

Alas, as soon as I finish chosing Devolution as the prefered method of GC Loading via Wiiflow,I pressed start and Wiiflow (r920) gave me a black screen.

I tried this method several times but Wiiflow never managed to start or verify a GC game via Devolution.Only a black screen...

So ,I guess I have only 2 options.

- I wait for a new revision of Wiiflow to actually support Dev rev 200 or

- I format my 1.5T NTFS drive to a FAT32 and losing two days to copy again all my files.

Please,any suggestions?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I typically just use Parted Magic, which you burn to a CD or install to a USB stick and boot from it while your PC is still booting up:

http://partedmagic.com/
Thanks for your reply!

My second choice (albeit more time consuming) is to format in FAT32.

Is there any program to format USB HDDs to Fat32?

Also,what cluster size is recomended?

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Stubbs is a pretty damn good sauce that I think you'll find on most grocery shelves as I don't think it's regional
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This shit though
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Best bbq sauce I've ever bought on a grocery store shelf
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat level that is a nice zing, not overwhelming, but it tingles all the way down your throat
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50% closer to getting my teeth fixed
    +4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free / cheaper healthcare is much more important I think than free university education.
    Of course like @mthrnite said, why not both. But I doubt both will get solved at once, and surely healthcare is top priority.
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free /... +1