ROM Hack DevMenu - Delete "junk" files? (ExtData, etc)

DeeAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a list of what you can and can't delete using the DevMenu? For example I could really do without the annoying "Health & Safety Information", "AR Games", "Nintendo Video", "Nintendo 3DS Sound", "Nintendo Letterbox", "Face Raiders" and so on.

Are there any of the above applications that you shouldn't delete as they might crash the system?

Please feel free to add annoying applications and junk you would like to get rid of to this thread.

And how do we come up with an idea of how to identify the applications? We already know how to remove them.

Anyone else who think like me when it comes to this?

:grog:

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You can't uninstall system apps using DevMenu/BigBlueMenu. The only system title that DevMenu can uninstall is the web browser.

You can use FBI to remove them instead. While I have not tested any games with this besides Cubic Ninja, my 3DS works fine with Nintendo Zone, AR Games, Face Raiders, Health & Safety, and Mii Plaza uninstalled. I did this to sysnand to make things run a bit smoother since I never use those. Sysnand is just there for me as an entry point into my emunand. (which is why I haven't fully tested how other games would behave with this stuff uninstalled)

Though I don't see any issues coming up. You'll need to look up the title/unique ids for the system apps you want to uninstall since FBI doesn't show their names. Only their title id/unique id and product code (if they have one).

So be extra careful you don't uinstall the wrong one. Things like the home menu and many system modules will cause a brick if you uninstall them. Uninstalling web browser on a 5.x or higher system could remove your only entry point back into gateway mode/cfw so you probably shouldn't uninstall that either. :P

DeeAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply Apache Thunder, but what exactly is this FBI application? And is it possible to run it without a retail copy of Cubic Ninja?

Cheers!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply Apache Thunder, but what exactly is this FBI application? And is it possible to run it without a retail copy of Cubic Ninja?

Cheers!
You can use via a ROM if you have a sky3DS, but you can't run it from a .3ds copy or a copy installed via a .cia

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I just created a folder and put all the useless junk inside and threw the folder away (moved it on a really far away tile) :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.