Devil's Third director says to play with Wii U Pro Controller

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by shinkodachi, Feb 23, 2015.

1. shinkodachi
    OP

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Tomonobu Itagaki posted several comments on Facebook, recommending the Wii U Pro Controller for Devil's Third:
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/tomonobu.itagaki/posts/1536738576590255

Guess what, I'm buying Devil's Third. Going to see if I can preorder at GameStop tomorrow. This is another blow against the Wii U GamePad, but for a game like Devil's Third it only makes sense to use the Wii U Pro Controller. It's great to see a developer recognizing this.

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Well, here's a reason to support it. While Nintendo keeps ditching the WUPC other devs try to support it.

I'll pre-order when the time comes.

3. shinkodachi
    OP

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    My thoughts exactly. It still amazes me that Nintendo bothered to design and release the Wii U Pro Controller.

From the same Facebook post:
    It's great to know a developer taking the time to make a game good. Ninja Gaiden 2004 was an excellent game and if Devil's Third is even better than that then we can expect something truly good. Wii U Pro Controller as the recommended style of play is only icing on the cake. :)

4. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's hard to pre-order Zelda, Xenoblade, Yoshi or this because the prices are all around £39 and my price range is £29-32. I'll just wait a little longer.

I can't even pre-order Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Paintbrush on Amazon because they don't even have an actual official cover nor price. £24.99-£26 or not getting it.

5. shinkodachi
    OP

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Why are you preordering a half-arsed Wii U GamePad game? I'm going to skip Zelda because I haven't heard anything interesting about it and that franchise has slowly died for me after the colossal crap that is Hyrule Warriors. Xenoblade X for me and Devil's Third. I kinda like how there are finally starting to be some mature titles for Wii U. Those two along with Bayonetta 2 already make for a nice collection and hopefully these two deliver.

6. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The soundtrack alone will make the purchase worth it.

7. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    LOL, Hyrule Warriors IS NOT suppose to be your typical Zelda game anyway. Don't compare apples with straws.

Pip'

8. Orcastraw

Orcastraw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Houston, Texas
    Pip'[/quote]

Hyrule Warriors has nothing to do with the Zelda series as a whole. Your faith in the series was obviously non-existent if it was lost by a simple spin-off. Nobody's gonna stop buying Pokemon games because of [​IMG] or [​IMG]
    and in the same vein, I highly doubt Hyrule Warriors is what really caused you to stop enjoying Zelda.

9. Mushkin

Mushkin GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2007
    Portugal, Porto
    day one buy