Homebrew Developing a Home Menu Auto Organizer

TheZGamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of creating a App of some sort that automatically sorts your home menu for you and as well as later on developing a way to have your own custom home menu (not just theme) on your 3DS. I'd like to announce that I will start my own development but I don't know whether I'd get a lot of help or not since I'd need testers and developers to help me code the homebrews I develop. So with that I ask for your guy's input to see if it is possible as well as for your help. :)

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of creating a App of some sort that automatically sorts your home menu for you and as well as later on developing a way to have your own custom home menu (not just theme) on your 3DS. I'd like to announce that I will start my own development but I don't know whether I'd get a lot of help or not since I'd need testers and developers to help me code the homebrews I develop. So with that I ask for your guy's input to see if it is possible as well as for your help. :)
I would be willing to test it

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a9lh and would love to have something to organize my home menu. I could definitely help test it. Just as a question what is your plan for how it operates (will it run from HBL as a .3dsx, or .cia, or maybe .bin for loading a custom home menu on boot with a9lh)?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the most effective way to go about this, to start with would be to start somewhere we know.

Presumably the saved home menu layout extdata, and follow it up by finding a way to take said extdata apart and re-arrange it based on user preference, and put it together in a way that the home menu can interpret.

But to do this would require some substantial RE'ing of the how the home menu stores and parses that extdata so we can generate something it understands. (Similar to what we've done with the home menu theme extdata and tools like CHMM2, which wholesale just generate new extdata for the home menu to read from)

I'm not sure if there's any available information on this over on 3Dbrew but that'd be a good place to start, I suppose.

I would like to see something like this come to fruition, but I'm always weary of people making threads that only have 15 posts talking about developing a new project.

Reactions: Deleted User

TheZGamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would do a .bin for the custom Home menu so that it could overwrite the stock one and perhaps even (possibly) toggle between the two

TheZGamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Originally Home Menu mounted sdmc in main(), starting(?) with 6.0.0-11Home Menu" Perhaps I could code a binary that could revert it back to mounting main as this would allow it to read all the data on the Sd card rather than just Extdata as well or I could encrypt a binary and encrypt it as a replacement for the original Home Menu's Extdata and however my only concern is the kernel access I might require

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds already has a save/load layout option if that is something that you are working on, but a way to extract the home layout to backup or share or whatever would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...