'Destiny: Rising' announced for mobile

destiny rising.png

Bungie's popular Destiny franchise is coming to a new platform. Developed by NetEase Games and officially licensed by Bungie, Destiny: Rising is a sci-fi RPG shooter set in an alternate Destiny timeline and offers a new adventure. For the announcement, a trailer was aired that also provide some glimpses at the gameplay:

Destiny: Rising delivers a brand-new adventure set in an alternate Destiny timeline, exploring a narrative in the post-Dark Age era. Featuring a diverse roster of characters, each with unique abilities and stories, Destiny: Rising offers players dynamic and challenging single, co-op, and competitive multiplayer gameplay, including beloved game modes familiar to Destiny players, and all-new modes that introduce new ways to play Destiny.

Features of Destiny: Rising include:
  • An Iconic Sci-fi FPS Coming to Mobile: Experience iconic best-in-class sci-fi shooting action at your fingertips! Choose between the highly immersive first-person view or a new fully third-person action view and play with touchscreen or compatible controller precision.
  • Legendary Characters in Battle: Enter an era of heroes and legends, where familiar faces from Destiny are joined by a host of new, intriguing characters. Each character comes with a rich personal story, unique personality, and formidable skills. Choosing the right character and mastering their combat style will be your key to overcoming the challenging foes that stand in your way.
  • Dynamic PVE and PVP Game Modes: Choose from a wide array of game modes such as campaign missions and 6-player co-op strikes that are iconic to the Destiny franchise, along with all-new and replayable PVE and PVP modes.
  • Join the Action with Your Teammates: Embark on thrilling online multiplayer action along with your fellow players. Build strong clans, experience fun and casual party game modes, customize shared spaces, and more. Join in with your friends to fight off invading enemies or challenge them to test your skill.
  • Explore Earth after “The Collapse”: Journey through a world fighting back against the darkness: From the sanctuary of Haven, a refuge for the Lightbearers and survivors, to the icy, ancient metro of Jiangshi, and the arid expanse of the Red Sea Rift. Traverse diverse Sci-fi biomes and uncover hidden stories and adventures in a distant future Earth. Search for the seeds of hope that will shape the future of human civilization in an entirely new Destiny narrative.
  • Powerful Exotic Weapons: Countless powerful exotic weapons are available to customize according to your combat style. Explore different weapon and traits combinations, defeat enemies with different gameplay mechanics, and become the next master of arms.
Destiny: Rising will be free-to-play on mobile platforms and the first closed-alpha test is scheduled for November 1st, with pre-registration available now.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

SDA

Neo Tokyo, HERE I COME!
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One thing I always hated about mobile games is that they're always filled with ads.

And also because sometimes the buttons won't work when you touch them. Let's say, in this game, you're in a dangerous situation and you must shoot your foes immediately, but the shooting button does not respond. That's bye bye for you.

Reactions: Exnor and Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
And also because sometimes the buttons won't work when you touch them.
I'm not a mobile gamer, but I wonder how many games support an actual controller that you attach to the phone or connect with it via wireless? In the past, I've played some GBA games though an emulator and I could never get used to the shoulder buttons being on the screen.

Reactions: NitroRevolutionNX

SDA

Neo Tokyo, HERE I COME!
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not a mobile gamer, but I wonder how many games support an actual controller that you attach to the phone or connect with it via wireless? In the past, I've played some GBA games though an emulator and I could never get used to the shoulder buttons being on the screen.
There are some games that do support a controller for mobile devices. I don't know how many do that, though.

Reactions: Blythe93

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destiny deserves no praise at ALL. I don't care how new this is supposed to look.
I still play Destiny 2 but, only for what's left of the small, free fun that it may have.

You will not believe how the much negativity is filling the bungie forums and how long it's been going on.
There is no update big enough that they can do to fix the majority of issues that most players complain about.

...I'm going to destroy the Destiny universe (at least another alternate timeline) with my crossover series...

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
set in an alternate Destiny timeline
Yeah because the story was already so clear for everyone playing
Tried getting into it, couldn't understand a single thing despite trying, and then I got told by Destiny players that they don't get shit either

Also there already was so many leaks about that thing lol, idk who is this meant for but whatever

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah because the story was already so clear for everyone playing
Tried getting into it, couldn't understand a single thing despite trying, and then I got told by Destiny players that they don't get shit either

Also there already was so many leaks about that thing lol, idk who is this meant for but whatever
The “lore” was hidden within giant walls of text in the first game and is just so scattered throughout the second that I’m concerned there may be a drug problem within Bungies walls.

• Haha
Reactions: LightBeam

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica
All of them, thanks to apps like Panda Gamepad Pro. Some games support controllers natively though, like CoD Mobile.

You aren’t used to it because GBA games were made to be played on the GBA. Likewise, if you try to play some touch-only games through the app I mentioned above, chances are you might hate it.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: family guy is goated