DeSmuME - firmware config. not saving...

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by XniJ, Jul 12, 2012.

1. XniJ
    OP

XniJ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2012
    United States
    I am trying to get DeSmuMe to connect to wifi - however when I check Boot Like a Real NDS it works but it never saves the config. (after I type my name (and all of the first time start up stuff)). It needs to have that checked apparently or else it will not work :( - each time I reboot (reset) the emulator wants me to put in my info. (again) but I can never get to the part where I start the game up...

[​IMG]

2. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    I would suggest using a firmware which has been dumped from an actual NDS/NDS Lite that has already been set up and use it with your preferred NDS emulator

Anyway, there is a tool which allows you to do it from a flashcard (such as a R4 DS).

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Try this one: NDS Firmware Editor.. Yes, google is your friend. :) It is very helpful to your question. :)

4. XniJ
    OP

XniJ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2012
    United States
    EDIT: I just saw the new post - maybe I have some hope!

EDIT 2: I used the program to patch my firmware.bin file (with my details and such) but DeSmuME ignores it and prompts me to fill in the details -.- (and yes I've checked the paths and settings and they are all set properly)

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    NDS Firmware editor works perfectly fine for me with Desmume without a problem. I used it for over 5 years ago or less and I am using the newer version of desmume and it works fine as well.