Desmume bad export .sav file problem

Justanotherharpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Desmume keep exporting bad .sav files for whatever reason, I tested that .sav both NO$ash and desmume. NO$ash says it has a bad checksum and desumue just shows a "the ROM header is invalided header" error

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-14_14-34-58.png
    upload_2018-8-14_14-34-58.png
    6 KB · Views: 323
D

Deleted User

Why would Desmume complain about the ROM's header/checksum if it's the save file that's the problem child? How are you loading said .sav file? Maybe you're unintentionally trying to load the .sav as a ROM file.

Justanotherharpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would Desmume complain about the ROM's header/checksum if it's the save file that's the problem child? How are you loading said .sav file? Maybe you're unintentionally trying to load the .sav as a ROM file.
I'm trying to import the .sav file with 'import backup save', desmume is not complaining about the header/checksum NO$ash is.

D

Deleted User

I'm trying to import the .sav file with 'import backup save', desmume is not complaining about the header/checksum NO$ash is.
Ah, I see. My bad, I thought the checksum was for the ROM file, not the save.

Maybe you could try using this DS Save converter to try to get it working in no$gba. To my knowledge, the format used for saves differs between no$gba and Desmume, so you'll need to convert the save in order for it to even run under no$gba. You'll also need to put said converted save into the "BATTERY" folder, and name it appropriately.

As for Desmume, I'm not sure what to make of that error. Do you mind showing a screenshot of it?

Justanotherharpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. My bad, I thought the checksum was for the ROM file, not the save.

Maybe you could try using this DS Save converter to try to get it working in no$gba. To my knowledge, the format used for saves differs between no$gba and Desmume, so you'll need to convert the save in order for it to even run under no$gba. You'll also need to put said converted save into the "BATTERY" folder, and name it appropriately.

As for Desmume, I'm not sure what to make of that error. Do you mind showing a screenshot of it?
unknown.png
upload_2018-8-14_16-54-21.png
The two main errors I get

D

Deleted User

unknown.png
View attachment 139838
The two main errors I get
After doing some Googling around, I found that this seems to be an issue with Desmume. However, it appears it was never fixed, due to one of the developers, zeromus, somehow not interpreting there to be an issue in the first place.

As you could probably guess from looking at the issue page, you're probably going to have no luck reporting this to the developers. zeromus seems like a very nitpicky and pedantic individual who gets easily tripped up on little details, judging from his responses to issues and forum posts. Try importing the save using the Desmume Retroarch core, and see if you have better luck there.

Justanotherharpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some Googling around, I found that this seems to be an issue with Desmume. However, it appears it was never fixed, due to one of the developers, zeromus, somehow not interpreting there to be an issue in the first place.

As you could probably guess from looking at the issue page, you're probably going to have no luck reporting this to the developers. zeromus seems like a very nitpicky and pedantic individual who gets easily tripped up on little details, judging from his responses to issues and forum posts. Try importing the save using the Desmume Retroarch core, and see if you have better luck there.
tried to use a save converter to make the .dsv into a .sav then change the extension to .srm and retrocore wont recognize it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol