Hacking depressed R4 user has a question

emuman99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any games that don't work on Acekard? Do Bejeweled Twist, Bookworm, Warioware DIY, and Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey work?

XFelixX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. i don't know about the first 2, but they just fixed WWDIY and SMTSJ.
Acekard works. you have Normatt and the AKAIO team to thank for that.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Apart from the Dragon Combat thing - Battle of Giants: Dragons is it? - I haven't found anything that doesn't work on Acekard these days. Akaio 1.6 rocks.

LaGgY_42o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your trying to decide on buying one I used to run a R4 SDHC, just got my Acekard 2.1i in the mail yesterday and I love it. Installed the new 1.6 RC2 firmware, games boot up instantly, no crashes with HG/SS, 100% compatibility with all the games Ive tried, HUGE AR cheat list for every game I have on it already installed on the cart, and amazing build quality. Not to mention it was 1/2 the price of my R4 SDHC lol.

pimabread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys I know this is a noob question but i'm still going to ask it I have a DS can i still buy the Ak2i? or do i need to buy the other one?

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been a loyal DSTT user for almost a year and just made the switch to an Acekard.

For people migrating over because of the lack of YMenu/DSTT updates: Bookworm, Bejeweled, Sonic Collection, Sega & Sonic Racing, and Alice in Wonderland work perfectly.

Switching over was a breeze, I just had to swap out firmware with AKAIO files and it was set. Having the card instantly alphabetize my files is also a plus, which means no more DriveSort/worrying about corruption. Also being able to change my skin on the fly is a luxury I didn't know existed until now.

All in all: A+++++ WILL DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya ive been using DSTT for a good 8-12 months now or so, and until recently ive been pleased, but with the total lack of support for it and all, im starting to get frustrated, thinkin of selling the card and using those funds on either a DS2 or AK2, still thinkin tho lol

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supercard DSTWO has the potential in overthrowing AceKard if their GUI get's better, faster loader times ... and if it has iPlayer abilities ( No decoding for RMVB, MPEG,MP4 ... etc)

Anyways, there's a difference between AceKard 2.1 and AceKard 2i. 2.1 is revised version of 2 and it is only compatible with the DS and DS Lite. 2i has the compatibility of being played on the DSi, and is 100% compatible with the DS and DS Lite; for the 2i to work with the DSi, you need to flash it for the 1.4 firmware. With AKAIO 1.6, all games will work ( try and stay away from the official firmware since most game updates don't happen frequently ).

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol well i bought my DSTT for 40$ (this was before i was into the scene and knew how much cheaper they really were) so im going to see if theres another sucker like me out there and then buy an AK2i (which as youve stated has like 99.9% compatibility (nothing is ever 100% EVER)

emuman99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my Acekard 2i
smile.gif
. RIP R4...

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
pimabread said:
hey guys I know this is a noob question but i'm still going to ask it I have a DS can i still buy the Ak2i? or do i need to buy the other one?

You KNOW it's a noob question....
blink.gif

uh.. buy if you want... but WTF is 'THE OTHER ONE?'
facepalm1.jpg

As for the 1st poster, getting an acekard is a worthwhile investment in the flashcart scene, trust me cuz i've used r4 and ttds and n5 but i find ak2i a real run for it's money
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users