Hacking Discussion Deja Vu/Jamais Vu/Other Soft exploits - Are they still worth the wait?

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm still on 3.0 factory FW, waiting for something that doesn't use a jig to enter RCM, but my question is, will we have a way to support exFat and new games without updating? My guess is that yes, with CFW or maybe emuNAND, but if not then better update to 5.1 that for now is the latest FW and jump into the ReiNx/atmosphere/tinfoil/DevMenu/NSP bandwagon?

I don't know, for now I'll keep waiting and see what comes up

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still on 3.0 factory FW, waiting for something that doesn't use a jig to enter RCM, but my question is, will we have a way to support exFat and new games without updating? My guess is that yes, with CFW or maybe emuNAND, but if not then better update to 5.1 that for now is the latest FW and jump into the ReiNx/atmosphere/tinfoil/DevMenu/NSP bandwagon?

I think if you've waited this long then there's no point giving in now. It may or may not be worth it in the end but you might as well see it through. On the plus side, by not being part of the current activity you at least managed to avoid a ban.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Someone managed a way to make .NSP games work on any firmware: https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-ns...e-reinx-hactool-tinfoil-extracted-nsp.512921/ and we can get the exFAT update offline already: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/

Reactions: Don Jon

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
it's not all games can be run on any firmware I think
it no longer depends on the FW requirement, but still depends on the masterkey used by the game
for example games using masterkey 3 still can't be run on FW below 4.0.0, however games that requires FW 5.1.0 as long as it only use masterkey3 can still run on FW 4.0.0

afet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
it's not all games can be run on any firmware I think
it no longer depends on the FW requirement, but still depends on the masterkey used by the game
for example games using masterkey 3 still can't be run on FW below 4.0.0, however games that requires FW 5.1.0 as long as it only use masterkey3 can still run on FW 4.0.0
Give it time. As a broader group of people begin to dig into the games & OS-side of things a little more, I suspect it will become clearer what is and is not possible to spoof (or perhaps the better word would be emulate?). Right now all of our thinking on these things is based on limited knowledge and reasonable assumptions. I would imagine that there are some components of upper firmwares that could be ported back to lower ones.

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So TX have come out and said that they've figured out how to get SXOS working on the new "unhackable" devices.
The important part is that they said they had to use another exploit besides Fusee Gelee to figure out how to get Fusee Gelee working again. This other exploit is apparently cold boot, works on the new hardware revision, and was done on 5.1.0.

I guess this means there's a disclosed exploit out there that can currently work for everyone regardless of their device or firmware. :unsure:

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think crackers of switch scene still holding those unreleased xploit because they have a high chance that Nintendo still haven't patched them on New anti-fusee switches, and they need further and deeper testing 1st.

atm all switches are hackable through fusee +CFW.

Last edited by leon315,

p2697

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
So TX have come out and said that they've figured out how to get SXOS working on the new "unhackable" devices.
The important part is that they said they had to use another exploit besides Fusee Gelee to figure out how to get Fusee Gelee working again. This other exploit is apparently cold boot, works on the new hardware revision, and was done on 5.1.0.

I guess this means there's a disclosed exploit out there that can currently work for everyone regardless of their device or firmware. :unsure:

Yep, looks like there is undisclosed coldboot for the new revision and up to 5.1.

How it's achieved we don't know, but that will more than likely come out instead of the hypethical, nobody working on it coldboot for lower firmwares.

The mantra of lower is better is completely dead in the water right now, just update with the non fuse burning method, you can enjoy your switch now and downgrade if needs be.

Reactions: Rune

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, it's a tethered exploit but obviously it's software only.
Its not because you still need to trigger it physically with a jig. Besides, I wasn't talking about Fusee Gelee. I was talking about Pegaswitch, Deja Vu, and Jamais Vu. Why do need to be so pedantic?

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its not because you still need to trigger it physically with a jig.
That does not make sense. The jig is the same thing as pressing a button. The need to press a button does not make a software exploit a hardware exploit.

Why do need to be so pedantic?
The way you said it, it sounded like you don't know what you're talking about. I just wanted to be nice and help you.

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That does not make sense. The jig is the same thing as pressing a button. The need to press a button does not make a software exploit a hardware exploit.
If you need to use some sort of tool to trigger it and if it can't be achieved by just the software alone, then its not a software only exploit.

The way you said it, it sounded like you don't know what you're talking about. I just wanted to be nice and help you.
You're not being nice. You're trying to be a smartass. I talked about the three exploits BESIDES Fusee Gelee being software only. You took one sentence out of context and tried present it as if I said something incorrect.

Reactions: AlexMCS and c80

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, sorry but that is bullshit. Would you call a tiff exploit a hardware exploit, just because the tiff is delivered on an µSD?!
I dunno what a tiff or µSD is, so I don't know what to tell you.
If using a jig still makes it a software only exploit, then that would be like calling a modchip a "software only" exploit, seeing how the modchip stores "software code". By your logic, everything is a software exploit.
The reason why Fusee Gelee isn't software only is because the requirements to trigger it include more than just the software. Therefore it means it is not "software only". It's very basic common sense you're denying here.

Not 'as if' - what you said is clearly wrong. You said: "All the software exploits are warm boot.". To prove this statement wrong, it is enough to provide one counter example - which I did.
You took the "All the software exploits are warm boot." sentence out of context. I listed three exploits earlier (Pegaswitch, Deja Vu, and Jamais Vu), and talked about how all of THEM were warm boot. This whole thread is about exploits besides Fusee Gelee and whether or not its worth waiting on low firmwares to use them. But you carry on being a pedantic ass.

PT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need to use some sort of tool to trigger it and if it can't be achieved by just the software alone, then its not a software only exploit.

Wrong. You need a jig to go into RCM, but that is not a exploit itself. Exploit, FG is a nothing more than a piece of code that uses vuln in Tegra chip to give you a choice to use any payload you want. By your logic, no exploit is software only because you need some sort of input device to run it, usually keyboard or mouse.

Reactions: c80

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wrong. You need a jig to go into RCM, but that is not a exploit itself. Exploit, FG is a nothing more than a piece of code that uses vuln in Tegra chip to give you a choice to use any payload you want. By your logic, no exploit is software only because you need some sort of input device to run it, usually keyboard or mouse.
The whole method to use Fusee Gelee still requires a jig. Debating which specific part of the method is classed as "the exploit" is just being petty.

danny08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, sorry but that is bullshit. Would you call a tiff exploit a hardware exploit, just because the tiff is delivered on an µSD?!

I'm nice and smart - you are an ass

No, you talked about "All the software exploits":

Not 'as if' - what you said is clearly wrong. You said: "All the software exploits are warm boot.". To prove this statement wrong, it is enough to provide one counter example - which I did.
yeah man, good old psp times.. (tiff exploit :D)
opening the shit for like 50 times to finally trigger.
The whole method to use Fusee Gelee still requires a jig. Debating which specific part of the method is classed as "the exploit" is just being petty.
dont argue, fg is an software exploit.

Reactions: c80

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y