Deep Silver drops developer of Dead Island 2

dead-island-2.png

Deep Silver said:
"With Dead Island 2, Deep Silver has always been dedicated to delivering the sequel that Dead Island fans deserve. After careful consideration, today we announce the decision to part ways with development partner YAGER. We will continue working towards bringing our vision of Dead Island 2 to life, and we will share further information at a later stage."

Deep Silver has decided to cut developer YAGER, the developer of Spec Ops: The Line, from the Dead Island 2 project. No reason has been specified by either company, and no decisions have been made as to who will fill YAGER's shoes.

How will this affect the game's future? We'll have to wait and see.

:arrow:Source
 
No source in the OP, should probably add one.

Regarding this, meh. Dead Island was pretty average overall, if they can bring in some new devs to bring some new ideas into the Dead Island universe...cool. If not, I doubt anyone is expecting anything over than "meh" from Dead Island 2 regardless.
 
I'm thinking the game must have been a huge turd for the dev to get dumped like this
 
That's a bit odd since Spec Ops: The Line was fantastic.

Considering what a steaming pile of turds Dead Island 1 was, I think their version of DI2 would be way better. Oh well not really a loss either way I imagine.
 
That's a bit odd since Spec Ops: The Line was fantastic.

Considering what a steaming pile of turds Dead Island 1 was, I think their version of DI2 would be way better. Oh well not really a loss either way I imagine.
To be fair, Spec Ops: The Line may have a great story, but the gameplay is stupendously average. Unless they had a great story stashed away for Dead Island 2, we would have just gotten an average game with an average story that nobody would look anymore highly upon than Dead Island 1.
 
From what I saw of the alpha footage at various events it looked like they might have cracked the gameplay thing. Probably would not have been a game for all time but looked like it could be enjoyable.

Anyway I am curious to see where this ends up. I am going to have to pick up riptide one of these days.
 
To be fair, Spec Ops: The Line may have a great story, but the gameplay is stupendously average. Unless they had a great story stashed away for Dead Island 2, we would have just gotten an average game with an average story that nobody would look anymore highly upon than Dead Island 1.

Well to be fair, it's a somewhat realistic military TPS so there's not a whole lot they could do creatively with it, besides story. Dead Island had a bit more of a wacky setting with an interesting gameplay idea they just completely managed to fuck up.
 
I must of been the only one who enjoyed Dead Island 1 (thought admittedly i did not touch the game after it). I think i enjoyed it a lot because i had a full party of friends and we all fucked around and had a blast playing the story, dupping weapons, finding the hidden skulls.

O wells. I just hope Dead Island 2 gets a good release with better mechanics.
 
To be honest, I always sort of wondered why Yager was working on Dead island 2 in the first place. It's like asking Martin Scorsese to do a Transformers sequel.

Now I may be judging dead island wrong (I think it's somewhere on my "to play" list), but it doesn't strike me as the sort of introspection game that raises questions in the style of Telltale's the walking dead.


(though to be fair, the spec ops series weren't exactly noticeable before the line either).
 
Yeah, at first it was hyped, DI of course. But there were stupid issues with the game, especially the co-op mode. People would be in the game and all of a sudden it would drop them for unknown reasons. I was hoping DI2 would be better than the first, whoever will be leading that project better do it justice.
 

Site & Scene News