ROM Hack Decrypt9wip crashes to the main menu?

biterness2323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys, i have installed this CFW using this guide ''https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki'' and i have a 3ds rom which i want to convert it to Cia, so i can run it.So, i found this guide ''http://pastebin.com/1meU3xkx'' where you can convert your 3ds files to cia, and i followed the steps, installed the Decrypt again but i cant launch it for some reason from the homebrew, and i guess i cant convert it any other way.Do you guys know what i should do to run it?or any other way to convert the file on my pc alone.

biterness2323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated my system after completing the guide, since it was in the guide.Do i need to downgrade again to run Decrypt9wip?I thought i could follow this 3ds to cia guide after the installation of cfw according to that guide.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you've followed the guide all the way to the end, you should be able to start Decrypt9 by holding x on boot.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated my system after completing the guide, since it was in the guide.Do i need to downgrade again to run Decrypt9wip?I thought i could follow this 3ds to cia guide after the installation of cfw according to that guide.
No, you need to use Decrypt9 as a payload. Since following the guide, you need to now move the Decrypt9WIP.bin file to your luma/payloads folder, rename it to x_Decrypt9.bin, and turn on your 3DS by pressing X then by pressing the Power button to boot into Decrypt9. You can no longer use Decrypt9 from the Homebrew Launcher so just go ahead and delete that folder from your 3ds folder.

If you've followed the guide all the way to the end, you should be able to start Decrypt9 by holding x on boot.
The guide has them no longer set up Decrypt9, but instead Hourglass9.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

biterness2323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you need to use Decrypt9 as a payload. Since following the guide, you need to now move the Decrypt9WIP.bin file to your luma/payloads folder, rename it to x_Decrypt9.bin, and turn on your 3DA by pressing X then by pressing the Power button to boot into Decrypt9. You can no longer use Decrypt9 from the Homebrew Launcher so just go ahead and delete that folder from your 3ds folder.

The guide has them no longer set up Decrypt9, but instead Hourglass9.
Well, i did exactly you said.Booted up my 3DS while holding X but nothing happened.Also is there a way, i can do this with hourglass?I am really new to these things so i dont know anything.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i did exactly you said.Booted up my 3DS while holding X but nothing happened.Also is there a way, i can do this with hourglass?I am really new to these things so i dont know anything.
Hourglass is just a stripped version of Decrypt9, but it also doesn't include the .3ds to .cia conversion, iirc. What do you have for your luma settings? Did you actually add the file to your payloads folder under the correct name?

biterness2323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hourglass is just a stripped version of Decrypt9, but it also doesn't include the .3ds to .cia conversion, iirc. What do you have for your luma settings? Did you actually add the file to your payloads folder under the correct name?
Yeah, i deleted the one in the 3ds folder and moved the decrypt.bin to payloads and changed its name according to what you told me.As for luma settings, i really dont know how to check it.

biterness2323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you give me a screenshot of your payloads folder?
2gv7hmo.png
here it is

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nevermind i had to press x before powering it up now it worked.silly me lol.thank you for everything man!

Can you give me a screenshot of your payloads folder?
Can i ask you one more thing?
  1. 2) Place ncchinfo.bin at the root of your SD card and in Decrypt9, enter 'XORpad Generator Options' and select 'NCCH Padgen'
  2. 3) Put *.xorpad files made on the 3DS into the converter's xorpads folder
I am stucked on this step.I have launched decrypt and selected ncch padgen but i dont know where the .xorpad files are.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2gv7hmo.png
here it is

nevermind i had to press x before powering it up now it worked.silly me lol.thank you for everything man!

Can i ask you one more thing?
  1. 2) Place ncchinfo.bin at the root of your SD card and in Decrypt9, enter 'XORpad Generator Options' and select 'NCCH Padgen'
  2. 3) Put *.xorpad files made on the 3DS into the converter's xorpads folder
I am stucked on this step.I have launched decrypt and selected ncch padgen but i dont know where the .xorpad files are.
Don't follow that guide as it's horrible outdated.

Just follow this:
1. On the root of your SD card, create a files9 folder and place your .3ds file in that files9 folder.
2. Boot into Decrypt. Go to Content Decryptor Options -> NCCH/NCSD File Options... -> NCCH/NCSD to CIA Converter.
3. Let it convert to a .cia.
4. Your newly converted .cia will be in your files9 folder. You'll notice that it's named game name.3ds.cia, but just remove the .3ds from the file name.
5. Install the .cia with FBI.

Follow this for any .3ds file you want converted to a .cia.

haxxor678

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heyo
I know I am pretty late on this but I have the same Problem and did everything as stated above. Now im stuck at the Point where i have to press X and Pwer on to boot into the Decrypter and cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone help me with this?
Greetings

Callum1235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi i had the same problem put the x_Decrypt9WIP.firm in the paylods folder not .bin then it works

Heyo
I know I am pretty late on this but I have the same Problem and did everything as stated above. Now im stuck at the Point where i have to press X and Pwer on to boot into the Decrypter and cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone help me with this?
Greetings
hi
i had the same problem put the x_Decrypt9WIP.firm in the paylods folder not .bin then it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"