ROM Hack Decrypt old savegames from cartridge backup?

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Back in 2014 I made a grave mistake and deleted all savedata from my Pokemon X cartridge.
Since I made a dump with my Gateway and I thought I could continue the savegame from my dump, I deleted the savedata from my original card without even trying to play the dump.
Turned out the savegame wasn't usable because it was encrypted and back then there was no way to decrypt it without 3DS Powersaves. Since all my progress was lost I ditched playing Pokemon.

But I still have the dump of the game on my NAS and it still has the save, so I wondered if there is finally a way to decrypt the save after 4 years. Is there a way now?

Thanks

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With access to the full game, private header included - and the version it was ran on (plenty of gateway users back then forcing the game to run on 4.5, which didn't implement the new save encryption of 6.0), it is in theory possible;

thinking about the answers I saw the last time people asked for how to copy a save from GW to installed game, I doubt such a tool has actually been made...

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I played the game on 8.1 OFW back then, the save definitely has the 6.0 encryption on my dump, so there is still no way to extract it and decrypt it? Not even with Godmode9 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.