T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Deception IV: Blood Ties will launch for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in North America on March 25 and in Europe on March 28, Tecmo Koei announced.

The game, a followup to PSone’s Devil’s Deception, puts players on the side of evil. It is a strategy focused action game revolving around Laegrinna, a deceitful main character known as the Devil’s daughter, who assisted by three Daemons defeats her enemies through traps and trickery.

Laegrinna, “an animated fragment of an imprisoned Devil’s soul,” defeats enemies by luring them into strategically placed traps, set by players, from rolling boulders and spiked walls to spring boards, Iron Maidens, human cannons, falling bathtubs, and banana peals.

Players must activate traps in a timely manner, as an untimely activation could result in Laegrinna falling into her own trap, or allowing her enemies to catch up to her.

Depending on how players choose to kill or capture an enemy, the Devil’s three servants—Veruza (Sadistic Torment), Caelea (Elaborate Death), and Lilia (Humiliating Demise)—will reward players points and upgraded traps.

Players wil be able to share their combinations of traps online. PlayStation 3 users can upload videos and challenge other players to beat their high scores.

Other online elements include leaderboards, as well as downloading and uploading user created missions called “Cross Quests.”

On PS Vita, players will be able to use the touch screen to select and activate traps.

:arrow: Source & Screens
:arrow: Official Site

cj_iwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
You typically play as a protagonist with no weapons. Stupid people try to kill you. You kill them instead. With hilarious and awesome and vicious trap combinations.

Here's a primer:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/deception/deception.htm

I LOOOOVE Deception. This is really the fifth game, by the way.

Thanks for that link was really interesting to read. I'm actually looking forward to this but it looks like it will be another import for me as EU is getting digital only on this one!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.