Decent Audacity alternatives for Vista?

kitetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, because i'm still too stubborn to realize that Audacity can't do Mono Mix recording from pretty much anything that makes a sound inside Vista computers/laptops. So far i've tried a handful of other sound recorders, but not one of them was able to capture sound playing in BridgeM1, which is a media player strictly for arcade games.

The reason why i need an alternative to Audacity is pretty much for the sake of a faster working pace, now that i have a laptop with far greater capabilities. I COULD rely on BridgeM1 and Winamp's built-in WAV writer, but... Yeah.

Of course, since many of you here shun Vista for some reason, you're welcome to tell me to give up, spend a few hundred on downgrading to XP, and hang myself along the way. Don't expect me to take it well, though.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

I haven't tried either of these programs yet (I like Audacity b/c it's simple), but they're usually recommended if you don't like Audacity. Both are, of course, free.

Kristal Audio Engine
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Wavosaur
http://www.wavosaur.com/

As for a commercial program, I remember a long time ago, I used to use a program called "CoolEdit". It was pretty much like Audacity... which is probably why I like it so much
smile.gif

Good Luck!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Try "sony soundforge"... not free (although for some of us, money isn't an issue...
rolleyes.gif
) but definitely what you're looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay