Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know a quick way to debrand it?

I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ivJsD9ES8 I understand all the steps.. but from the comments, I don't know if I should use this method. I hate how I'm limited to Roger's firmware and I have to change my mp3 ringtones to .dm files. I don't like Roger's features as well.. anyways, enough ranting.

Any help from those who had/have a w580i debranded/flashed?

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the exact same tutorial.

For some reason, all the setool.exe application makes my ESET all cautious. It keeps popping up saying there's a trojan. But I was told they're false warnings.. I don't know.. I've heard people bricking their phones too.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
I would search for a forum like I said you can usually tell if they're trustworthy. About the bricking, you've heard of people bricking their Wii, PSP, etc but you still go ahead and mod em. It's a risk.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Lee79. But, that's the same process as the vieo. I guess I'll give it a go though since there's so many posts fromthat one topic. Wish me luck.. hope it won't brick.

Edit: I installed with success. Thanks guys. And for those of you who have big text and such after flashing, just update the firmware through SE and you'll be good. Thanks for the help guys.
smile.gif

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Anakir said:
Thanks Lee79. But, that's the same process as the vieo. I guess I'll give it a go though since there's so many posts fromthat one topic. Wish me luck.. hope it won't brick.

Edit: I installed with success. Thanks guys. And for those of you who have big text and such after flashing, just update the firmware through SE and you'll be good. Thanks for the help guys.
smile.gif

yeah that happened too me thought I bricked my phone forgot about that part.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:

smile.gif

bad idea to update through SONY UPDATE tool ... you will no longer be able to access with SE tool as it will most probably updated with CID 53 and SE tool is not compatible with this update! you will need to use JDFLASHER ...

you can also customize your phone too and do lots of cool stuff to it ...check your pm Anakir
smile.gif

If you have BIG TEXT after flashing then you can just change the fonts or use windows fonts your phone using XS++ BUT ... if its updated to CID 53 (se tool will tell you what CID your phone is) ..... again you will need to use JDFLASHER tool check your PM for more info
smile.gif

@LEE79 it may not be bricked
smile.gif

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Anakir said:

smile.gif

bad idea to update through SONY UPDATE tool ... you will no longer be able to access with SE tool as it will most probably updated with CID 53 and SE tool is not compatible with this update! you will need to use JDFLASHER ...

you can also customize your phone too and do lots of cool stuff to it ...check your pm Anakir
smile.gif

If you have BIG TEXT after flashing then you can just change the fonts or use windows fonts your phone using XS++ BUT ... if its updated to CID 53 (se tool will tell you what CID your phone is) ..... again you will need to use JDFLASHER tool check your PM for more info
smile.gif

@LEE79 it may not be bricked
smile.gif

Ugh. It's kind of late to tell me that lol. I already updated through Sony.
frown.gif
But I guess it's fine since all I wanted was animated backgrounds and mp3 ringtones. Not really looking for more.
tongue.gif
I'm satisfied with what I have now. Thanks for the info though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1