OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hiya folks, this is your friendly neighborhood emo-man with some good news.

Many of you who keep up with me know that my wife left me last October, and since then I've been battling for custody of my two boys. Well, a couple of months ago, my "estranged" (I hate that word) wife started being a lot more civil to me, and communication with her has been a lot easier lately. Still, a looming court date was to decide the fate of my two boys, and who would be primarily caring for them.

When my wife left me, she moved almost 3 hours away, so it was gonna be one or the other of us that had the kids the vast majority of the time. We've been splitting custody 50/50 temporarily until the court date, one week at my house, and then a week at hers. I've been working odd jobs and spending as much time with the boys as possible, not knowing if this would be my last chance to do so. It's been hard to make ends meet, but she agreed to pay child support when we made the temporary custody agreement, so while I was still going in the hole, her money every month slowed the decline into debt somewhat.

Well, here, I'll get to the point. When we talked last night to let the boys say goodnight to her over the phone, she asked if she could talk with me about something important. I didn't know what to think, I was scared. So she says she's been thinking a lot lately and has decided to give me full custody of the children, as she thinks I'll be able to devote more time to them than she can. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I won't go into the personal stuff out of respect for her, but suffice to say, she'll be pursuing her new life and love, and I'll be raising the living hell outta my boys.

It's not the best of all possible worlds, but it's a close second. I can't put into words my relief, or my respect for her for making what must have been one of the hardest decisions of her life.

The past two years have been hard for me, with both of my parents dying, and my wife leaving, who I must say honestly I loved very much. I had such a horrible fear that I would lose my kids too. My kids are a giant part of my life, and though it'll be hard being a single parent, I know I can raise them up good, and everything will work out in the end.

Thanks to everybody who's been a friend to me here during these hard times. They would've been harder times without you.

Special thanks to 5uck3rpunch and matt1freek for their sage advice, and Lagman and Linki and the mods, and everyone else on my "Friends of Carlotta" list.

..also Orc!

Wish me luck!

mthr

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude awesome news man. I'm happy for you and I believe that the most beautiful thing in life is seeing your children grow up and become men of their own. Having your kids with you means more then loving it means living for you. Good luck mthr and lets hope this luck will continue and better things happen in your life.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
wub.gif
that's great news
all hail daddy gary!
bow.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Ahem...........That's bloody awesome! Congratulations my friend
smile.gif
I'm very happy for you and your kids. It sounds like it must have been such a surreal moment when she told you. Wow, I'm really happy for you.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome. That's great to hear. I'm pleased for you mate.

I love kids, they're great! I've got no doubt in my mind that you're an excellent father and role model just from reading your posts here at GBAtemp.

grog.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
shaun.. "going to be an excellent father" ?
tongue.gif

he's been a father for years now
lecture.gif

but I'm sure YOU will be an excellent father !

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It's such a relief to be able to toss all the lawyer stuff, and the uncertainty, and the mudslinging in court, and all that crap. I know it's gonna be a hard job.. I know because it's been my job already for so long, but this clears so much fog, and allows me to pick a course for my life without that massive variable getting in the way. It's so much easier to make plans now.

@shaun: fatherhood is wonderful man, and I know you'll be good at it too. I look forward to hearing the good news from you one day in the future. I'll always be around if you need help rejuvenating Play-Doh or anything.
biggrin.gif

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey man,

I have a daughter, and life's pretty shitty when she's not around, or when I'm not aroud her. I know how kids can be such a huge part of one's life, so I gotta say that I'm happy for you.

Hopefully all will be smoothe sailing from here on out! Good luck!

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
smile.gif
smile.gif
cry.gif

Great, great news.
Couldn't be happier for you my friend, I know how much you wanted this.
It's not going to be easy, but pal, you're going to make it happen.

A Yoo-Hoo for yoo amigo.
grog.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
well i know i haven't been on this forum very long but my most heartfelt wishes for the best are sent to you and your kids.
should you ever need any advice in the future from a real mthr
dry.gif
fibber
laugh.gif
then don't hesitate to send me a pm i'll help you anyway i can.
somebody change the charlatan's title will yer
rofl2.gif
i wondered why i couldn't have that name when i signed up LOL
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning