Status
Not open for further replies.

ryukyus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any of you who ordered from dx had any items missing or did not received it at all, I'm really starting to freaking hate chinese business people, first I got scamed , and not didn't receive my item from dx I know it's not an address problem because have ordered from them several times, I ordered 2 items on the same daysince 5/6/09, received one but did not receive the other, I already open a dispute through paypal, they have not responded nor asked any question, but on the item status it says Processing Paused due to PayPal Complaint via Air Mail, they have this week to replace my crap or I will escalate the dispute to get my money and never order from their asses again, at least focal had live support

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You get what you pay for.
You honestly didn't think that those low prices didn't come with no strings attached did you?

ryukyus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get what I pay for, the whole point is I did not received it, if bought a .50 cent gum online, I'm suppose to receive, I purchase cleaning cloth for .80 and I received it

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hey,i havent got shit from them.

their flashcard prices are UNBEATABLE.

$13 for an AceKard2i when retailers are charging $30! (its in the mail now) (actually today the status is now "shipped" should take up to 10 days now for it to get here..)

and I also got a GUitar Hero DS GRIP from them too..legit with stickers,box, NDS and NDSL adapter everything...except the game...

what did you order??

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes there shit takes a long time. I usually forget about what i buy and then get a surprise a few weeks later
wink.gif
it's more fun that way anyway heh.

But if you need speed, don't buy from DX. However they are usually pretty quick if the item is in stock quickly.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Focal Price is MUCH better. The only issue is that they don't offer as great a variety of items. I guess that in itself is what makes it so good, it being less popular means better communications and quicker (and more reliable) shipment in my experiences. They're always my first option when both sites stock the same item I'm looking for.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
If they don't have something in stock, they'll ship you the stuff they do have in stock and then wait until they have your other item in stock and then ship that to you. Much better than other companies who wait until they have all the items before shipping it in order to save on postal costs. It's not that they've "scamed" you, but that they didn't have all the items in your order.

Also instead of jumping straight to paypal to open a dispute, just send them a god damn email. Christ, why the hell are people so impatient these days?

tl;dr you're being a whiney rear end in a top hat.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I made my first purchase in DealExtreme just a week ago. I've ordered some RGB cables, a 32MB GC Memory Card, two 2800mha batteries for Wii w/USB charging stand and an extension cable for GC controllers. All for €17. That's exactly what an RGB cable with shipment would have costed me if I was to buy it from a local reseller. It took DX 1 week to get from "Waiting from supplier" to "Shipped". It now says it will take 1 week to 10 days to reach my door.

Can I complain? No, I can't. I didn't need those items ASAP, so I can wait. And the difference in money is substantial. OP, relax, chill. DX is slow with their shipping, but their prices are great. If you don't get what you paid for, then complain and you'll get a refund, but bare in mind that either way you'll have to have much patience when dealing with DX.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
Mate if it said processing that means they still havn't shipped it. Is it any wonder why you havn't received the item? Should be obvious.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmmm, everybody already knows what DX is and what to expect from them..

I don't think anybody here had any bigger problems with them, I myself bought several times from them, and sometimes they split your order because some of the items might not be in their stock, so they ship whatever they have first, and then when they restock, they send the other part of the order..

My friend ordered M3 Real Perfect Pack from them, but he only received expansion packs, he sent them e-mail, and they asked him to take a picture of everything he got, in two days, they apologized and asked him if he would like his money back or M3 Real sent, he asked for M3 Real, and got it within 2 weeks!

DealExtreme may mess up from time to time, but it's a preety big site with lots of things to offer, if you e-mail them directly, they'll respond quick, and you can see what's the problem..

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never order anything from DX that you need right away, they take an ungodly amount of time to ship.

I never order flashcarts from them, I always buy from a US retailer. The only thing I buy from DX are cases, screen protectors, and other random accessories.

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
I never order from anyone that is not in my same country, it takes way to freakin long to get anything!
Sure the prices may be a lot better, but what's the point if you don't get your stuff?
I stick to american retailers because they aren't that much more expensive, they usually have free shipping anyway, and
and
and
you actually get your stuff at some point in the same century!

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, buy American. The only real country. If it ain't made in America, it's made in hell.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't intend to derail your thread but...

I just ordered AK2i last week and now the status is "Packaging". The website says that they have a good stock of AK2i. Does this mean I will get the AK2i safely and I won't get scammed?

maxdaling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're slow alright..... I placed an order from them April 21st, received the first section About May 21st, they just sent the second order yesterday, and I'm still waiting on my HDMI cables. But, if you're in no hurry, they do eventually get here, and the price is pretty sweet.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
@R2 Yup pretty much... It's already packaging, what else do you expect?
Thanks! I just hate it when it happens, when I use something that a lot of people recommend then one day, someone just pops up and says something negative about it...

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
PharaohsVizier said:
I disagree with focalprice vs DX comments here, I'd go for DX over fp any day. It is true that focalprice is a bit faster here and there, and generally cheaper as well, but when something goes wrong, fp just haven't had enough experience to deal with it, dx is much faster when something goes wrong. They know exactly what you want, they know exactly when to do it. FP likes to stall a lot when something goes wrong, but I guess ultimately they do try to fix the problem.

That being said, I guess you haven't read too much about dx. Once you open up a paypal dispute, things get really really ugly. They pretty much can't give you the refund the regular way, shipping might slow down even more, it is really one of the dumbest things you can do if you can't get an item from dx. It is much smarter to email them first because dx isn't out to scam you, they are a legitimate company.

@R2 Yup pretty much... It's already packaging, what else do you expect?

On one occasion I failed to recieve an order from DX and it took nearly 2 months to get them to send off a replacement.

I purchased an item from Focalprice in the morning and changed my mind about it in the evening. I contacted FP and got a response within 20 minutes accepting my request and refunding me.

Different scenarios I know but then again, I've always recieved all of my items from FP.

D

Deleted User

I never had a problem with dx in the past and I ordered there a bunch of times. Even when I ordered the wrong color eWin rumble pak, I just opened a support ticket and asked if they could change the color and it was no problem.

If you want to get your stuff as fast as possible then you'll have to go elsewhere (and maybe expect to pay more).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother orders from DealExteme all the time for all sorts of miscellaneous pieces-parts for his various projects. There has never been a time where we did not FINALLY get ALL our stuff. But sometimes it took forever.

When you order multiple items, they will sometimes send partial orders because they were "waiting on supplier", once they get it in, they will send it. The fastest order we've ever received was 10 days, but it usually takes 2-4 weeks. Partial orders where they were "waiting on supplier" that have now shipped will then start taking that extra 10days to 3 weeks time to get to you beyond the time it took DX to get the item from the vendor. We've never been shorted an order yet, but a couple times, they didn't send an item until we emailed them and said, "Hey! What up with my order", suddenly a couple days later, you check your order status and it will finally say shipped, then that period of waiting begins.

DX's shipping seems to have gotten lax. They take longer get your stuff to you than they used to. Sometimes they need to be coaxed into sending you what you ordered after they shipped a partial by sending them a "What's up?" email. And they seem to send a lot more partials than they used to also. They never used to be like that. My guess is they get such overwhelming business that it's hard for them to keep up.

All you did by filing a dispute with Pay-Pal was make sure you will never get that part now. Or at least not for a long time. Sorry to say. You might get your money back, but then you still have to order the part somewhere, and that oh-so-fun waiting process begins all over again.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know exactly what you're getting into when you buy from DX. There's just one thing to remember: being patient.

I've never had any trouble and customer support is excellent. If DX messed something up, they will eventually find a solution.

dice said:
I purchased an item from Focalprice in the morning and changed my mind about it in the evening. I contacted FP and got a response within 20 minutes accepting my request and refunding me.
I changed my mind about an order from DX, cancelled it before packaging and got a refund the very same day.

I fail to see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: