Status
Not open for further replies.

neogba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I am not here to offend all those who have ordered from DealExtreme and I am not calling them stupid or saying they could never get satisfaction.

My original "test" small order (Jan 4th 2008 after emailing questions in Dec) was for a DSTT with reader and never the "Rumble pak". It was suggested at that time, that the rumble would slow things down. That was one of the many DX excuses. As DX is too often considered as a DSTT and other cart source, I warn you.

Oh and I'm out more than the price of the poor; unusable quality reader (many got a bad DSTT too.) Price was never the point anyway! Yet for the record, I'm actually out more cash due to DX mismanagement of the return resolution and I can't even begin to measure the total aggravation and time spent. Such as, the time I spend here; for you. To name just one. I guess I could have never taken any time to warn people and let them go on without protest. How would that be?

You see, you say something like "if they screw me, I'll just lose the few dollars and move on", but what you don't get is, this is their whole business plan! Once you have a problem with DX, you have two choices, bend over or sing. That's it. Once you are actually in it this position, it's a whole different perspective. I'm (now) completely convinced (I have put in the time with DX) that they get a kick out of selling poor quality merchandise to foreigners, who really have no recourse. Why do you think their customer service works the way that it does? Can't you at least admit, they can make more money selling broken items than good ones? if you don't believe me, just read there own disclaimers. It's so clear now. If nothing else, reading my posts will alert you to the danger of potentially, poor quality, Chinese products.

Second, I realize there has been much posted about this topic already. I am here to point out and warn you that just because some likes DX that doesn't mean that you will; in case you get a defective product. Defects are of a high rate and if say half of the "stuff" they send is OK then half is not. If you got a good one then please understand that many did not.

My new information is that I am STILL going round and round with DX incompetence; about my purchase that started original with communication in Dec 2007!!!! So let there be no doubt; about my motivation. Warning you is again my (and your) only recourse. You have to understand that if they acted with any consideration and did anything really positive, I would feel obligated to report this. I have been expecting an update and to say something like," at least they did thus and so". It has not happened! Excuse, excuse, excuse, excuse, This is DX. WARNING: I waited their excuses out and they are now starting to say too much time has passed! If you ever had a problem with them and you say that they don't have excuses; for everything and asinine delays, then you are clearly lying through your teeth.

A note about their "girls". They may not really even be girls, but an attempt to put on a pretty face. While they will sometimes throw you a bone, and say "sorry for all the trouble" and "Best regards." They do not actually do, anything for you. They just want you to give up. If you want to get through to them, you have to spend the time putting your post into Google Translate, translating it and then translating it back to English, then re-write what you said over and over, retranslated again and again; until it re-translates into what you want to say. If you skip this, they will NOT fully understand your points(remember each correction takes a week to a month average as they feel like it). You have to do this, or else you will also have a communication breakdown; on top of feet dragging. In the end, once they understand you and it is confirmed (they do not respond but once a week to a month on average) they still don't care enough to reconcile. The bottom line is, DX loves DX and DX comes first. Everything is your fault. That is, if you ever even get a response. DX is not responsible for anything. That's the bottom line. Even if they admit an obvious mistake, they don't care! You can eat it. If you're lucky, they might send you some more broken products. They you can start all over. It's clear to me now, they know then that you'll get the hint, and eat it. So do not get exited when their "girls" talk nice, it will only serve to frustrate you in the end. Did you think I misspelled DealExtream accidentally? LOL

I can now say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, they stall on purpose! Not that they could do anything fast, if they tried.

I have already, previously written so much about the specifics that it is up to you, to hunt them down; else I get accused of repeating myself, too much. Note, some of the following new posters will undoubtedly go on about how stupid and etc, etc, I am, but I will not respond, I've been there and done that. So say what you will, I don't care.

This post may be deleted because yes, there is at least some tie in with DX and this forum. After all, the DX product site references this forum, if nothing else. While I have been derided for the mere suggestion of conflict of interest, there is one, like it or not. So beware. The last post debates were shut down due to "covered it" status and they dropped out of your view; along with the greater (logical, reasonable) warnings.

Lastly, it is interesting to me, that any positive posts, dating older than the massive negative expose, are easy to find. If it is allowed and still possible, I strongly suggest that you lookup the massive and heated debate about DealExtreme and my extensive, called for, requested, then criticized, specific logical, verifiable expose of all DX evils. Ref the Two threads below. After all, DX can post as a user in this forum too. So don't believe everything that your read.

I note that even die-hard DX supporters (and perhaps better treated bulk order, small business persons here) admit heavy incompetence. While I'm never saying DX is a total fraud and scam, with this level of incompetence, what's the difference? What is the difference to you? Take the hint. They do just enough to fly under the "radar". Be extremely careful whom you support, and where you order. Always know that you can return a product without expense OR much time loss. Make sure you have a customer rating; well over 95%!

If you do not credit my view then please reference:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DealExtreme

If you look closer, you will see the return satisfaction at reseller ratings, is about a 2 out of 10! Are you a gambler? That's all I'm really saying. Why should anyone (but DX) find that offensive?

God Bless you,

Notes: My last post about DX was on Feb 26 2008, 04:20 PM

I did not start these threads, nor name them:

The following contain my details and answers. Again, I will not respond (I have done that) and this is my one and only post about DX, since February! Do the math. This thread has and will have exactly One post from me, the First one. See below for "covered" details.

My comments do not start until page 7, in this First thread below. It's worth reading. I stand by what I have said.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=69221

Note, in the above thread, where I questioned the time on one only one post. You might miss it but if you do the math, it proves for a fact, that the positive report was bogus, and it happened to have broke English as well. Test every report for logic. Mine included. That's my advice to you. Stay away from DX if you are wise!

To you kids out there; that might be excited to order from DX, please don't let this be a hard lesson to you. Sooner or later you with be disadvantaged by DX. In fact, right out of the gate, if you pay them then you are at their mercy. They are in control of the situation; from then on. They are actually control freaks. Why do you think they have so much trouble with web site attacks? It's hard to learn that the lowest price usually comes with a catch. This and you may be able to get within $10, beat, or match their price anyway(bundles, coupons, matching, etc)! It's hard to learn that your time is more precious than any amount of money.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=75538&st=0

This one is where we got into it with "staff". To their credit, it still stands (but closed.)

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my god, it's been at least 2 months since you first started complaining about them.

JUST

STOP

COMPLAINING

ALREADY.

You're a broken record.

EDIT: Oh correction, DEC 2007, guess that happens when I tl;dr.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh my god...

Firstly you fail at the title's pun, you post it in the wrong section

I haven't had any defective products myself and even if I did, I'm sure that I'd be able to get a refund or replacement. You don't justify saying they're like frauds or scams but only claim they are incompetent which isn't the same thing.

But I have to agree with you it's all one big conspiracy! Not.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't know what to say about this crap...

Other than you like to slander them WTF did they do to you exactly?

Delays are not there fault they hardly ever keep anything in there warehouse they order flashcards directly from the manufacture any defects clearly show its the fault of the makers not theres

And if there is any defect within reason they replace the item free of charge they even cover the damned shipping there (if you send it the cheapest route)

Refunds may take a little while (about 3-7 Days)

I curious why are you bitching so much about them exactly?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
neogba said:
First of... ....you,

So what is your problem?
I can only read complains about DX, not a problem

And of course DX has more negative reviews then positive because people with good experience dont have a problem so they dont post there problem nor there good experience

And mostly with people like you it turns out to be the problem of them selves

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Deal extreme was great with me. When I ordered a DS case replacement and my top to bottom wire connector broke, I was kind of depressed so I made a ticket at Dealextreme. Even though they have big massive warnings about such things happening when you're inexperienced, they were really nice with me and even gave me a discount on my next order.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I won't be agreeing or disagreeing with you on this, because, there must be some reason you're hating them so much..But I ordered few times from them, always get everything I ordered, never got any defective product, and last time, they missed to send me a transparent replace shell for NDS, so I got it two days after first package (because they sent it right away after they sent me first pack, and they even included a note with the message that they are sorry for missing a pat of my order, and as soon as they got it back in stock, they send it, and if I will have any problems, I can get a refund)..
I never had any bad experience, just the opposite, I really like shopping there..

I don't know man

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it'd be wise if neogba posted some details on why he feels this way.

I remember someone got really angry because a MicroSD reader with a flashcard broke after a few months or something similar to that.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTT w/Bad HC Reader (AVOID DealExtreme!) (from his sig)

Your whining about a free SDHC reader...

Most people here when ordering there flashcards shell out the extra $2 and get a better sd reader

DO i use the one that came with my ezflash card? Hell no it's ugly/inconvenient and a bad loading design
all this whining about a cheap reader...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6858 $3 for a damned good reader... Btw if you have any soldering skills you can use the sd reader from a usb reader and fix your dstt... (if it is that better be for all your whining)

This is like dissing kingston for a bad adapter

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WOW. Well, WHY DON'T YOU READ THE FIRST COMMENT ON THE RESELLERS PAGE?

"Great shop, order stuff with it. Great Customer service, I was able to email them in Chinese. They replied faster than english LOL. Not only I got an defected item, ask for exchange. They send the new one over in less than 14days of receive.

Bought an total around $500. Great Shop would recommend for any buyers who speaks and type chinese."

See that? They've replaced it.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I belive this is him from the DX Site

QUOTE said:
Quote from Kyle:
As promised the shipping date is by Jan 8, 2008. Although you can only take my words on this, 80% of orders are already shipped by this date with shipment notices sent. The remainder should have been shipped by this morning (that's Jan 8 night US time) and due to human errors the sequence of the orders got messed up -- newer orders got shipped before older ones.

In the meantime, we do have enough of the DSTT (without rumble) around so we will fix the human error issue and ship all pre-1/1 orders within 24 hours.

Bull... complete and utter bull. I waited since December 16 for this. I said I didn't care about the rumble pack color. I told them to go ahead and ship without the rumble. And now I get a message from Winnie saying that the DSTT is out of stock?! 29 days later! Words cannot describe how pissed off I am now. The sad thing is, other people are coming here and buying an out of stock item because all the other bundles still show as available. This is perhaps the worst online shopping experience I've ever had.

Get your refund and find this item elsewhere. Forget about this site and never come back again.

Posts (12) | Reviews (0) | Tip Post
mod edited (Yenster) on 1/12/2008 at 9:41 AM

They may have edited to remove some curse's but did not delete which is a good thing seeing as how they allow you to post what you think

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ordered the rumble separate from the dstt in the same order because the dstt rumble pack was stated OOS, and it came within 14 days of the time it left Hong Kong. This guy posts in the forums on DX and other websites about his horrible service and thinks it will completely stop everyone on the planet from ordering inexpensively. at least he isn't saying that all the dstt's are fake and trying to get us to order from a more expensive site with shipping costs that even a well off person might laugh at. and, not to add fuel to your fire mate, but if you read any forums or did any research before ordering the item, you would have seen the less than successful stories about the reader that came with the card. also, if your dstt reader isn't functioning, but the cart works, come over here, i'll solder it for you.

farntheplaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have ordered from Dealextreme many times before but recently they mesed up two of my orders

firstly they shipped me half the amount of microsd cards i ordered and i still (after 3 weeks) they haven't shipped my replacement

secondly i ordered 3 V4 wii clips instead i got 3 V3 wii clips completely useless as i got my d2pro (modchip for V4 wii clip) and cant use the clip as they shipped the wrong one

its been almost a month and i havent got my replacments im very annoyed by them

hopefully they see this and fix everything

i wanna like them but after this ill think twice before ordering from them

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things DX Sucks with modchips and SD cards

And btw all my searching the the DX site they have no "wii clips" in fact they only have 2 wii modchips NVM found them... using correct name for them helps Flexible PCB Easy Installer for Wii D2C Chip

Wiikey
Freeclip

Eurasia.nu for modchips (Took 8 days for my modchip to ship from Thailand to America)

Any other site for SD cards (Mainly amazon.com and Newegg.com for America)

EDIT:And personally i prefer open source mod chips
Such as MM3,onechip,OPA,Yaosm,WiiFree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself