Dead Space: Extraction Will Support MotionPlus

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Feb 26, 2009.

Feb 26, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Despite Nintendo's total, mystifying silence about the MotionPlus peripheral in its big news release today, EA is still working on games designed to support the new gyroscope add-on. In addition to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis, both of which EA reconfirmed as MotionPlus titles today, Dead Space: Extraction will feature MotionPlus capabilities.

EA's COO John Pleasants revealed the use of the device at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference today, saying that Extraction would be 'taking advantage of the MotionPlus controller.' John Riccitiello previously alluded to this in a somewhat less specific manner during the original announcement of the game.

Dead Space seems like an odd choice for MotionPlus -- as an on-rails title, we would expect its controls mostly to involve using the pointer for aiming. But EA knows what it is doing: including MotionPlus support for anything is going to get the Wii fanbase on its side."

Source

2. Uruha

Member Uruha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wut is this Motionplus? i thought the wiimote has all motions already

3. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Instead of making a new topic and stealing your thunder, I thought I'd post this here:

‘Guided First Person Experience’, plus multiplayer co-op details

News Source: GoNintendo
    Full Interview

MotionPlus makes the Wii Remote controls more defined. Like if you turn your wrist with the remote, it will turn your wrist in the game. I think it makes motion controls more sensitive too, but I'm unsure.

4. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Touche. But when you said it, it made you sound like a douche :3

5. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Sounds to me that they are using the easy way out.
    I don't think EA can do a very good on-rails game personally.
    I do love rail shooters alot, but EA just isn't the best choice.

If they just stuck with the tried and true RE4 style they would have made an instant hit.
    On rails means all the fun would be down right gone in place of some basic everyone friendly stages. :/

Who knows though. Maybe it'll be a trigger happy House of the Dead style game.
    Though somehow I doub't they'll remember to put in more than two bosses or even six stages....

Eh, we'll see when its out.

6. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    ehehehe [​IMG] That's what I was aiming for.

This is going to be another game that I'll add to my list of 2009 Wii Games..