Hacking Dead Kingston microSD 1GB - Made in Japan

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello,
as the topic titles says, my Kingston microSD 1GB - Made in Japan is dead on March 13, ~ 13:30. I brought it on January 12. And used, within my R4DS, and used the R4DS's microSD reader/writer, and that reader/writer model is the new one wich is not have problems (melting, deading, etc. thats).

I confirm that I normally used it intensively. From 7:40AM-14:00PM, played with it, and mostly putted to Sleep Mode. Then, after 14:00PM, played with it sometimes to 20-20:40PM. But nowadays I didn't played that much (from 14:00PM to 21:00PM).

But let's hear what happened exactly:

In March 13, ~13:20PM I played with Pac-Pix, on the Chapter 6, and it Game Overed ...
dry.gif
Time's up. OK, I play with another game. I turned it off, then on, and R4DS is keeps saying LOADING... I tried to turn off again and on, but with no succes to load the menu. OK, I reinsterted the R4DS Card, and my Kingston 1GB microSD (Made in Japan), and turned on the power on my Nintendo DS Lite (EUR, Black). Still, keeps hanging on the LOADING... screen wich is, loads within 1 sec, instatntly.

So then, OK, I thinked something corruption or I not know what happened, later in my home, I do about it.
When I inserted the microSD to the R4DS's Card Reader/Writer (wich is totally perfectly awesomely cool), and inserted to my PC's USB. My PC is recognized the USB Device (the Reader / Writer), and keeps reading the microSD, tries, tries, with no success, and it's freezing, too! My Windows XP (at that moment) is totally slowed down! But I seen that the Reader/Writer is tried to read it... looks like it's totally unreadable. OK, I removed it, and checked... it's hot. Warmly-hot. The reader/writer, too, and the microSD card, too.

So, what am I did wrong? Why is this?...

That's it all, discuss about this "The Perfect and The Best microSD card"'s death...

It's totally dead.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My bro's 1GB Japanese Kingston died as well, though he never used the R4 reader. I guess it's just a random defect. Luckily, Kingston offers lifetime warranty so things should be alright.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
throw that piece of junk away, that's what is your problem and get a decent memory card reader, it's too late for your micro SD but for next time you know what to do.
No, that's not the problem, and it's not a piece of junk!
mad.gif

So as stated before this post, it's probably a random defect!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
well my kingston still lives... and i've never used that junk reader i have my own one, it's up to you if you want to have a working Kingston micro SD , i've said my part now.

Kenjis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Who knows? It could be the worst writer posibble, its not like the R4 team would supply you a $25 Card Reader.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So, why this card died? And anyone have a dead Kingston 1GB microSD Japan (or even a Taiwan one, too) card?

Kenjis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OBJECTION!
____
(Kenji)
--------------------------------------------------------
Your Honor! That now was a baseless conjecture!

Judge: Objection Sustained, SKH please refrain from making opinions known without real facts!

xD Couldn't resist, the PH rush is getting to me >_

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Thanks all for the infomations, and suggestions, but I am worrying that when I get my second Kingston microSD card after 3 months, the same happens... or even when my warranty ends... :S

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I chucked my reader in the garbage and never used it. I use my own brand name one. My Kingston lives and takes my games like a french whore.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks all for the infomations, and suggestions, but I am worrying that when I get my second Kingston microSD card after 3 months, the same happens... or even when my warranty ends... :S

If you read the above posts, you'd know that Kingston offers lifetime warranty. It even states that on the box you get when you buy it.

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've used the blue card reader and the black one. blue one has corrupted stuff on my card, whereas the black one has always been reliable

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the R4 reader destroyd my kingston taiwan which I was using for about 6 hours. Its the old version but seems to work fine. The thing is though I always use it to write to my sandisk microsd card and never had any corruption problems on either of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi