Hacking Dead Kingston microSD 1GB - Made in Japan

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
The card reader did it. Its pretty common, actually. Just get a better, brand-name card-reader.

But another dead Kingston report is in this topic, and he never used that R4DS Reader/Writer! Soo?

SKH, where did you buy it?
Local store, under the warranty (3 months and death, cool), so I get soon one new.

So you all thinks that the Card Reader/Writer did this? Can kill the whole card? And it does to the other cards like SanDisk?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
they make heaps of writers(crapily), so people buy becasue they think there getting more. its crap you dont need it. most new computers come with built in readers in the the 3.5inch front bay. just plug in the SD to microsd converter.or buy a cheap usb SD card reader from a computer place(mines from strathfield, they good memory place for a local place)

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
they make heaps of writers(crapily), so people buy becasue they think there getting more. its crap you dont need it. most new computers come with built in readers in the the 3.5inch front bay. just plug in the SD to microsd converter.or buy a cheap usb SD card reader from a computer place(mines from strathfield, they good memory place for a local place)
But if you buy a new one that is "cheap" too, then it's the same quality as the R4DS's Card/Writer, not it?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The card reader did it. Its pretty common, actually. Just get a better, brand-name card-reader.

If you read his post, he said that he was using it in the R4 when it corrupted - absolutley nothing to do with the reader.

The R4 did it, not the card reader.

Were you using dsorganize at the time? that seems to corrupt lots of cards..

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

If you read his post, he said that he was using it in the R4 when it corrupted - absolutley nothing to do with the reader.

The R4 did it, not the card reader.

Were you using dsorganize at the time? that seems to corrupt lots of cards..
Yes! Finally a person with knowledge!

Um, I used DSOrganize a lot of times, that DLDI patched that was the first new version with DLDI patch. And, it's good, and yes, the previous version is corrupted my card a lot (on my old card, not in the R4DS). And that new version is looked fine, it doesn't corrupted the card.

And I was played with Pac-Pix then on the title screen I turned the power off, then on, and it hanged on the LOADING... screen.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And I was played with Pac-Pix then on the title screen I turned the power off, then on, and it hanged on the LOADING... screen.

I think I was playing new super mario bros - rebooted and it stuck at the "loading..." screen. it was when 1.6 final had just come out, so I thought it may have been that.

My PC wouldn't recognize the microsd card (Toshiba - same as a kingston jap). Had to return it under warranty.

Everything is fine with the replacement.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

I think I was playing new super mario bros - rebooted and it stuck at the "loading..." screen. it was when 1.6 final had just come out, so I thought it may have been that.

My PC wouldn't recognize the microsd card (Toshiba - same as a kingston jap). Had to return it under warranty.

Everything is fine with the replacement.
ohmy.gif
So that happened to you, too...

So! We have 3 bad Kingston/Toshiba Japan defects!

And the R4DS's microSD Card Reader / Writer isn't the killer!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy