OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello,

I am trying to deactivate video content for console I no longer own that I sold. I own multiple accounts. Loging on account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com can only deactivate game content but not video content and according to Sony here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-activation-deactivation/remote-deactivation/

"Please note, PlayStation Video cannot be remotely deactivated and you'll need to do this on the system itself. If you no longer have access to the system linked to PlayStation Video, please contact us."

I contacted Sony, and old PS3 from main account has been fully deactivated however I have problem with Japanese account. Japanese supports live chat talk but they do not speak English (even if they know English they will just tell me in English that I must use some written form to email them if I wanna use English language and this was their response:

"Thank you for taking the time to write Sony Interactive Entertainment. We are writing in reply to your inquiry. We would like to express our thanks for your loyal patronage. Regarding your inquiry, we SIEJ would like to inform you the followings. You can link your Sony Entertainment Network account to7 systems and we do not deactivate these links so we usually ask our customers to deactivate these links by themselves. About video contents, you need to operate each device to remove it. We apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to meet your request, but thank you in advance for your kind understanding."

Is this example of different policy per region? I know for my European account they deactivate right away, American customer supports forwards to some people who resolve it in 48 hours and is it true that Japanese won't let you deactivate video content?

I no longer own this console and when American support checked serial number of console in question that is linked they even told me this console got banned by new owner. I really don't want to have traces of banned console left on my account.

Is there any way I can get video content deactivated from Japanese account?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging