DBZ Ultimate Butouden question

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Rokku, Jan 1, 2012.

Jan 1, 2012
  1. Rokku
    OP

    Member Rokku GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2010
    Messages:
    358
    Country:
    United States
    I noticed at least two different translation projects for DBZ Ultimate Butouden, but did any of them actually translate the game fully? And none of them seem to be added to the translation index...
     
  2. kupo3000

    Member kupo3000 GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    466
    Country:
    Puerto Rico
    Kosheh's patch has more translated stuff than Elza's patch.
    Since Elza just rage, quit and had some ridiculous issues with Kosheh, don't expect anything from him.
    Not sure about Kosheh since he/she hasn't mentioned anything for a while.
     
  3. Rokku
    OP

    Member Rokku GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2010
    Messages:
    358
    Country:
    United States
    The topic seems to be fairly buried, so how far did Kosheh get?
     
  4. kupo3000

    Member kupo3000 GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    466
    Country:
    Puerto Rico
    Mostly the main menu, battle GUI, character choosing menu, partial options and some of the story mode chapter menu.
     
  5. kosheh

    Member kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2009
    Messages:
    573
    Country:
    United States
    i guess i can stop being a baby about this
    generally, my patch has more gramatically correct stuff and it's more about making the game easier to pick up and play. i don't have a solid knowledge of DBZ and my Japanese knowledge isn't perfect (moreso, any interpretation of kanji) so some things aren't 100% accurate.

    actually, i'll fess up: i originally used elza's patch as a base to figure out what files i'd translate/pointer locations. i inserted his files into my translation to see exactly what would change, and in one of the releases I forgot to swap back one of the files. elza got mad and ragequit (ironically, we had agreed to work together on the patch the night before!), and as a result a bunch of people got mad at me for a silly little blunder i made. there were other things and baby drama that in general really put me off from working on other projects and releasing them here, but i suppose enough time has passed for the stinky flatulence made by those topics to clear.


    hacktodelaplaque (sp? sorry if i messed it up bro) made a pretty awesome tool that lets a person edit the graphical data, so once I get time to myself (when is this? absolutely no idea) I might revisit the project. But right now, my life is really hectic and I can't make any progress anyway. Tinke also has support for the game right out of the box, so I'm also considering hitting it up.

    the project's files have also mysteriously dissapeared, too... (i can't remember where they are on my HD >_>)
    the last version of the patch exists on my Acekard so I might as well return to it once I get the chance. Believe me, I REALLY wanna get to it but
    lifesux
     
  6. hackotedelaplaqu

    Member hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2009
    Messages:
    533
    Country:
    France
    Indeed I had interest in this game too. I sent my sources codes to Pleonex who added *.dsa archive format to Tinke.

    But this game has the bad habit to use new file system formats for all type of files (script, images, palettes, cell ressources, 3D models and textures ...).
    *.dso and *.dse files need to be reversed engeenered.
    If I have time I'll check them but for now I'll focus in my main project (Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth 2).
    I'm interested in making a music hack ot this game too (DBZ soundtracks instead of DB Kai).
     

Share This Page