Feedback Homebrew DBI MTP Responder getting low speed after release 527

Oliveira_Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys need your help, please!!

I wanna use the newer DBI version but I can no longer get a very good speed on any DBI MTP responder above version 527.
Both pictures run the latest Atmosphere 15.5.5, FW 16.1, and both are installing the same NSP image, same USB cable, default DBI settings, u8!0x1 on Atmosphere config file to force USB 3.0, SD card is a Samsung EVO Plus 512GB.

Using the old 527 release I can usually get around 37-40MB/s avg speed, but the newest sticks around half of the speed, meaning doubled the time to install games.
I personally don't mind sticking to the old release as it still serves well its purpose but in the near future, it will probably start failing to install newer games.

I appreciate it if you have any hints or even know the root cause and could guide me through... maybe some newly introduced config file I need to tweak?

IMG-6056.JPG
IMG-6057.JPG

Reactions: bbert

Azuuuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
See the "Actual USB Speed: USB 2.0 High Speed" string in DBI-616, it's a very low tech, try the USB 3.0.
How do I enable USB 3.0? In the latest versions 598 and 616 of DBI, my transfer speed has also decreased.
I've already found it in the DBI documentation. Thank you.

Reactions: mathew77

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same issue since updating, I thought it was a driver on my pc.
Gonna see if the new version fixes it.

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried multiple cables, same pc I've been using for years. literall
hmm i added

to the config but still usb 2.0 perhaps i have trash cables or something ?
Tried different cables and different ports, literally nothing has changed about my setup in years.

Reactions: Lamcza

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i can confirm this, release 527 gives me about 2x transfer speed than newer releases, same cabe, same port, everything

DSharp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can i install all my newest games with 527 safely?
That's what I'm staying on since I get about half the speed on any version after 5.27 and it works fine for installing games. I was going to open an issue on GitHub but the author just closes them without looking into what looks to be a bug introduced in 551.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's what I'm staying on since I get about half the speed on any version after 5.27 and it works fine for installing games. I was going to open an issue on GitHub but the author just closes them without looking into what looks to be a bug introduced in 551.
what speeds on install you have on 27?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i can confirm this, release 527 gives me about 2x transfer speed than newer releases, same cabe, same port, everything
same for me, no way to enable 3.00 above 527, tried everything I could think of,(official cable, different ports,drivers), I don't get X2 time installation but nearly. May it be my sd card that is not fast. I will try a refresh of data see if it improves.

Edit : after checking my SD card specs (Sandisk ultra 400 Go) ,writing is not really fast , it is supposed to be 80 M/S maximun but in reallity I never go over 40, and in DBI 527 with usb 3.0 around 30 but better than 15-16 with DBI over 6..

Last edited by Maupiti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo