Hacking Davee successfully downgraded from 6.31--> 6.20 (psp go)

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
xist said:
You're nuts for picking a PSP Go over a fully hackable PSP 2000.

Have a 2000. Got a Go for free.
tongue.gif

and yeah. would NOT pick a Go over a trusty 2000.
how the heck did u get a GO for free
send it too meeeeee
evil.gif

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The twitter update is sayin something about a sony updater... soooo if this is signed with the Geohot's keys it would work on anything... I believe??

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDestroyer said:
Sweet! I'm on 6.31! good stuff can't wait to get TN-B
smile.gif

Forget TN-B
A new age of CFW has just begun.

If total noob decides to create a NEW CFW, more up to date, that'd be amazing.
6.35 TN anyone? full ISO/CSO support? 98% Homebrew compatibility at least?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Zerox8610 said:
TheDestroyer said:
Sweet! I'm on 6.31! good stuff can't wait to get TN-B
smile.gif

Forget TN-B
A new age of CFW has just begun.

If total noob decides to create a NEW CFW, more up to date, that'd be amazing.
6.35 TN anyone? full ISO/CSO support? 98% Homebrew compatibility at least?

Given the problems with the HEN and the wait we had for it, would you jump on board a TN CFW? Would you even expect it without having to wait 6 months or more?

Apk07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forget HEN and CFW and TN, PSP homebrew/CFW/etc is all fully signable now. No downgrading or anything. We just have to wait for the tool to release...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Apk07 said:
Forget HEN and CFW and TN, PSP homebrew/CFW/etc is all fully signable now. No downgrading or anything. We just have to wait for the tool to release...
Since when? I thought that was PS3 XMB not PSP XMB... PS3 doesn't have the same keys as the PSP.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Jamstruth said:
Apk07 said:
Since when? I thought that was PS3 XMB not PSP XMB... PS3 doesn't have the same keys as the PS3.
Since these news!
smile.gif
wink.gif

Edit:
What do you mean by " PS3 doesn't have the same keys as the PS3 "
tongue.gif
unsure.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Similar names result in my fucking up while retyping shit.

Seriously that is amazing news. This means that Sony Consoles are the most open things around. All homebrew SHOULD be able to run in any PSP firmware now and we could (in theory) get an ISO loader working. With no CFW we lose our plugins though
frown.gif
Then again with the keys released will that make it easier to hack the actual firmwares and create a 6.35 CFW?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the PS3 contains keys for the PSP as well because of it's ability to play some psp software, and other pspps3 connection stuff.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would be cool if we could get a full cfw on a psp 3000, with of course the recovery mode
yaypsp.gif
This way we have atleast a little brick protection. But I doubt they will do that since cfw is no longer needed since they can sign anything they want now. Hope some brick protections is coming soon.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Similar names result in my fucking up while retyping shit.

Seriously that is amazing news. This means that Sony Consoles are the most open things around. All homebrew SHOULD be able to run in any PSP firmware now and we could (in theory) get an ISO loader working. With no CFW we lose our plugins though
frown.gif
Then again with the keys released will that make it easier to hack the actual firmwares and create a 6.35 CFW?
Yeah, a full CFW should now be possible for all consoles, as I believe a custom IPL can be signed, which is what has prevented permanent CFW on recent PSPs until now. Meaning plugins and recovery menu should be possible on all PSPs. Depending on who develops it, possibly ISO loading too. This also means Magic Memory Sticks are possible for PSP 2000s with the ta88v3 motherboard, so they can be unbricked now. (Pandora batteries already work on them).

Seeing as these keys can also decrypt content, it may be possible to decrypt parts of the PSP boot process and access service mode on newer PSPs, although I am not 100% sure about that. You may need to dump pre-IPL for that, which I believe is a problem.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jolan said:
I just want those keys so that I can sign a MMS that installs 5.03 OFW.
Now what would be the point in that? Signing an MMS would mean signing a custom IPL. If you could do that, you could install a permanent CFW on any PSP. Why would you want to install 5.03 when you can install a permanent CFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...