Hacking DARKCORP v1.0 Release!

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
i'm trying to unistall darkcorps but everytime i try to, it keeps installing and i pick the third option where it says uninstall and it's not uninstall it at all i mean WTF?!? is there a fix for it?

no what its doing is installing the IOS with no mods which is the same as uninstalling

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
diddy81 said:
sorry if this is a dum question but if you on 4.2 already why would you do step 4 or is that just for people on a lower firmware??
Jabe said:
Same question. If I updated my Wii with official update when connecting it to Internet.
Why should I do step 4?You mean you are already on 4.2?
Well, in that case, you can skip that step.

QUOTE(DJPlace @ Apr 15 2010, 12:03 PM)
i'm trying to unistall darkcorps but everytime i try to, it keeps installing and i pick the third option where it says uninstall and it's not uninstall it at all i mean WTF?!? is there a fix for it?
That's how the uninstaller works.

Uninstalling crucial IOS will kill your Wii.
That's like trying to format your C:\ drive on a pc with Windows installed. You just don't do it.

Instead, the uninstaller replaces the CORP IOS with clean ones, so that DARKCORP is removed, but the actual IOS are still there so that your Wii can actually work.

The text is in the main UI part of the app, and it doesn't affect any functionality. The same text is used in pretty much every part of the app. It's just a cosmetic issue, and we may fix it in the future, but it isn't a very high priority at the moment.

Oh, and...

...has anybody by any chance noticed what that particular text is a parody of?

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

how can i pass a 002 error ?

The read me says that maybe the game has been patched, could i unpatch it ?

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
kotsoulis said:
hello,im geting this when i load it from homebrew chanell to install it,
Hmmm... did you copy the "DARKCORP-v1" (or "DARKCORP-v1-Lite" if you're using the lite version) folder from the zip file to the root of your SD?
Check this folder to make sure that there's a config.xml there

QUOTE(Gan1664 @ Apr 19 2010, 10:40 AM) Hello,

Do you have preloader or startpatch installed?
If so, check that the hack "IOS Reloading" aka "Force Discs to use IOS249" is DISABLED.

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mudassirul said:
I did the regular install, first on cios222 and then cios249, installed wii gator, on 4.1E. genuine smash bros brawl is giving me the black screen and error message to eject disc and turn off, genuine gamecube discs are also giving me errors after they load not in the black screen!

help me out a little please

I've tried the virgin install and reinstalled wigator, it still don't work. Backed up gc and wii games run fine

I've got a similar problem with retail games. Backups run fine.
Original games only play for a short while before the black screen "An error has occurred. Please eject the Wii game and turn off the power... Blah blah owner's manual."
The games that give me the most problems are Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Pokemon Battle Revolution. The errors mostly happen right after the saved game data is loaded. Instead of the disc spinning after loading a save it stops spinning completely and gives the error message. Sometimes I get a few minutes into the game before the error. It depends if my Wii feels like being a total dick. I'd say that most of the time the error happens right when a large amount of data is to be read from the disc.

Important info...
Launch Wii running 4.0U
BootMii is boot2
Preloader set to use IOS 60 for system menu, only region-free hacks applied
Uninstalled CIOSCORP 3.6 through DARKCORP installer
Installed DARKCORP 1.0 using IOS 249 (FULL installation)
Installed WiiGator cMIOS
Updated Homebrew Channel from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6 using HackMii installer

Failing DVD drive? Need to reinstall DARKCORP?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to report my problem :

the game "Intervilles" for kids is working good in original, but not the backup.

The backup seems to be a good dump (i can't dump my self), but it always shows a 002 error:
i try genric wii patcher to remove 002 error, it gives me a black screen.
i try Waninkoko patcher to force IOS 9 (i was thinking the game was patched to use another IOS, the only IOS in the disc update is th IOS9v516); it goes on the 002 error screen.

The only way to boot the backup is Neogamma, but it is not child friendly and this is why i use Darkcorp.

Any idea ?

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gan1664 said:
Hello,

Hmmm..

This complicates things...

Does it only work with a certain game, or heaps of games, including original and burned versions?

Are you using Verbatim discs?
Somebody who got error 002 managed to reburn onto a Verbatim DVD-R, and it just... worked.
Maybe try that.

Inferior_Design said:
I've got a similar problem with retail games. Backups run fine.
Original games only play for a short while before the black screen "An error has occurred. Please eject the Wii game and turn off the power... Blah blah owner's manual."
The games that give me the most problems are Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Pokemon Battle Revolution. The errors mostly happen right after the saved game data is loaded. Instead of the disc spinning after loading a save it stops spinning completely and gives the error message. Sometimes I get a few minutes into the game before the error. It depends if my Wii feels like being a total dick. I'd say that most of the time the error happens right when a large amount of data is to be read from the disc.

Important info...
Launch Wii running 4.0U
BootMii is boot2
Preloader set to use IOS 60 for system menu, only region-free hacks applied
Uninstalled CIOSCORP 3.6 through DARKCORP installer
Installed DARKCORP 1.0 using IOS 249 (FULL installation)
Installed WiiGator cMIOS
Updated Homebrew Channel from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6 using HackMii installer

Failing DVD drive? Need to reinstall DARKCORP?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well, software wise, everything seems normal...
How old is the Wii's laser, and how long has it ben playing burned discs?
there's a chance that your Wii's laser is either dirty or dying...

Maybe try the Official nintendo Wii Lens Cleaning Kit?
(Make sure you use it exactly as per instructions)

QUOTE(Gan1664 @ Apr 20 2010, 09:01 AM)

the game "Intervilles" for kids is working good in original, but not the backup.

The backup seems to be a good dump (i can't dump my self), but it always shows a 002 error:
i try Waninkoko patcher to force IOS 9 (i was thinking the game was patched to use another IOS, the only IOS in the disc update is th IOS9v516); it goes on the 002 error screen.

The only way to boot the backup is Neogamma, but it is not child friendly and this is why i use Darkcorp.

Any idea ?
...And as stated before, you don't have those hacks enabled?

Is this the only game that is giving error 002?

Maybe try what I posted above, and see if it works...

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Damysteryman,

I've already reburn and i always use Verbatim media.

I don't have the hacks.

It's the only game that gave me 0002 error.

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
I updated from 4.0U to 4.2U by following the guide to update your wii to 4.2U here in gbatemp.

I have an old 2007-2008? wii where I can write to boot2 for bootmii so I probably don't have an old dvd drive?

Can I use the thing in the op, or would that be a bad idea?

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damysteryman said:
Well, software wise, everything seems normal...
How old is the Wii's laser, and how long has it ben playing burned discs?
there's a chance that your Wii's laser is either dirty or dying...

Maybe try the Official nintendo Wii Lens Cleaning Kit?
(Make sure you use it exactly as per instructions)

I got my Wii the day it came out in 06. (Epic story) I've been playing backups since October last year.

I sprayed a can of compressed air in the drive and it reads single layer and dual layer games now. But it runs extremely loudly. I hope it isn't dying but I fear for the worst. Although it's always been kinda loud...

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gan1664 said:
Thanks Damysteryman,

I've already reburn and i always use Verbatim media.

I don't have the hacks.

It's the only game that gave me 0002 error.
I did a bit of research on this game, and it came out less than a year ago, so there is no way it would use IOS9, so you patching it didn't help...
But, I'm assuming it was already modified in some way before you even patched it.

It appears that it could very well be a game with the "New" error 002, which will error 002 if someone tries to IOS patch it...

My suggestion would be to get a good copy from a different source, or dump it yourself, then try a backup from that.

Gvaz said:
I updated from 4.0U to 4.2U by following the guide to update your wii to 4.2U here in gbatemp.

I have an old 2007-2008? wii where I can write to boot2 for bootmii so I probably don't have an old dvd drive?

Can I use the thing in the op, or would that be a bad idea?
DARKCORP should work for your Wii (provided that it hasn't been sent to Nintendo recently).

QUOTE(Inferior_Design @ Apr 21 2010, 05:47 PM)
I got my Wii the day it came out in 06. (Epic story) I've been playing backups since October last year.

I sprayed a can of compressed air in the drive and it reads single layer and dual layer games now. But it runs extremely loudly. I hope it isn't dying but I fear for the worst. Although it's always been kinda loud...
Hmmm... I've never really had experience with loud drives, but sometimes burned discs can make the drive louder, due to the way softmods read burned games.

At least you got it reading discs now.

If you notice any trouble reading discs, try the official lens cleaner, but if it gets worse after that, then that would mean that the laser is dead at that point.

But I don't think that a loud drive is a syptom for a dying laser.

Maybe it's just the drive's motor?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gan1664 said:

Any idea ?

There's only IOS9 because some crap modchip patch was applied. And if the game was patched to use another IOS, your only chance to play it without 002 error is a loader(like NeoGamma).

If you run the disc with SoftChip it will tell you what IOS the game wants, twice. The information of the apploader is the correct one and the game needs to be repatched to use that if you insist on using the disc channel.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you both !

You're right WiiPower, the backup uses IOS249.

I'm not sure to understand Softchip: Does it show (r102) the right IOS requested or the IOS which the game is patched for ?
Because Softchip says that the game uses IOS249.

If the games is patched to IOS 249, is there a way to know the real used IOS ?

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
(r102) is softchip's revision number.

And what WiiPower said, the real IOS version requested should be in the apploader. I'm not sure exactly where though (haven't messed with game apploaders).

WiiPower said that softchip lists the Requested IOS twice. Did softchip display IOS249 twice for you?

Anyway, I would just suggest just obtaining a clean copy instead.

MotiVater

Trophies
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
kotsoulis said:
Hmmm... did you copy the "DARKCORP-v1" (or "DARKCORP-v1-Lite" if you're using the lite version) folder from the zip file to the root of your SD?

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem here. I extracted directly to the root of an empty SD and there is a config.xml in the folder. Any ideas please?

Thanks for the up

MotiVater

Trophies
XP
Country
MotiVater said:
damysteryman said:
kotsoulis said:

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem here. I extracted directly to the root of an empty SD and there is a config.xml in the folder. Any ideas please?

Thanks for the up

NM, it may be my own stupidity! I saved the install for Darkcorp onto a USB thumb drive and was running it from there. Moving it to an SD card instead sorted out my problem \o/

Hopefully this helps others

FiveseveN

Trophies
XP
Country
Great Update! Simple interface. Great new options. Install was flawless and I had no issues at all. Thank you for such a wonderful update!

-Anthony

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: