Hacking DARKCorp does not go when I uninstall it?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

I have some trouble, I haven't touched my Wii in ages, last week I've read about USB loading with NGC games I was like SHIIIIIT gogogogo! And after doing so and installing the stuff I saw I was outdated with many things like diverse IOS'es and other things. I thought hmm DarkCorp prevents me from doing some stuff, let's start with cleaning my Wii! Well after fellowing the completesoftmodguide and updating my system.(I want to see letterbomb in action!) I saw my Wii still loaded backup discs through my Disc Channel... >_>

I removed nearly everything except the HBC which I will remove later when my Wii is 100% cleaned up.

What's the problem and who can help me? I am already trying to remove DarkCorp trough the lite version.(Full version did NOT work)

Oh and I've learned my lesson: never use DarkCorp once again. ;)

Edit: How can I remove DarkCorp without the app?

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Don't bother uninstalling. Just download/install ModMii and update your IOSes: http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic/

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't bother uninstalling. Just download/install ModMii and update your IOSes: http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic/

Already tried -.-;;; but I really want to get rid of DarkCorp you know, it only gives me more shit then usual. What if I format my Wii? I backed all my saves up on my SD so they are save ^^

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
AFAIK, DarkCorp is just a bunch of patched IOSes for loading backups. ModMii will give you the tools to write over them them with the latest versions. No need to uninstall.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wiismodrome is correct. DARKCORP is a group of patched IOS with backup loading abilities, along with some few other patches that most other patched IOS have.

You should be able to use ModMii to download all clean IOS and then install them over the DARKCORP IOS on your Wii using a wad managing app like WiiMod or NMM.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiismodrome is correct. DARKCORP is a group of patched IOS with backup loading abilities, along with some few other patches that most other patched IOS have.

You should be able to use ModMii to download all clean IOS and then install them over the DARKCORP IOS on your Wii using a wad managing app like WiiMod or NMM.

Your one of the makers of DarkCorp aren't you? :D

Thanks for the tips, I've ModMii on my PC, but do I just need to make a list(or use the one included with DC) with IOS's I need to download? Of can ModMii do that for me?(E.g. I select the right option and he does the work?)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To answer one of your other questions, no, formatting your Wii will NOT remove Darkcorp. You'll have to manually install IOSes over the ones Darkcorp provides. Just be careful and don't uninstall any of them. Just overwrite them.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To answer one of your other questions, no, formatting your Wii will NOT remove Darkcorp. You'll have to manually install IOSes over the ones Darkcorp provides. Just be careful and don't uninstall any of them. Just overwrite them.

So I just need to download the clean IOS's of the ones that are provided with DarkCorp you say? :) Let's do this!

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Modmii should be able to provide you with clean IOSes you can install over Darkcorp, yes.

It did not work... >_>

I've done it like this:

Opened the Readme file in Darkcorp Full 1.1

Fellowed by selecting ALL IOS's on ModMii that were mentioned in the Read Me.

Installed all the wads trough MMM.(Multi Mod manager)

Still my Wii reads my burned Mario Tennis DVD.(Tested a few other games as well.)

Oh and when I try to start it gives an error:

An Error has Occured.
Press the eject button blah blah blah.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Modmii should be able to provide you with clean IOSes you can install over Darkcorp, yes.

It did not work... >_>

I've done it like this:

Still my Wii reads my burned Mario Tennis DVD.(Tested a few other games as well.)

An Error has Occured.
Think that means that the only infected IOS is the System Menu IOS, which I think ModMii will infect in the same way as darkcorp (some people will tell you it is "highly advisable" to have the IOS patched that way. I disagree. There is no need to have any IOS patched at all). If you really care, use something like dop-Mii to download and install an actual clean version of the System Menu IOS (if you're on SM 4.2 or above, make sure you do not have a region changed Korean wii before doing that, or you'll get Error 003). Otherwise you could leave it and hope for the best.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It did not work... >_>

I've done it like this:

An Error has Occured.
Think that means that the only infected IOS is the System Menu IOS, which I think ModMii will infect in the same way as darkcorp (some people will tell you it is "highly advisable" to have the IOS patched that way. I disagree. There is no need to have any IOS patched at all). If you really care, use something like dop-Mii to download and install an actual clean version of the System Menu IOS (if you're on SM 4.2 or above, make sure you do not have a region changed Korean wii before doing that, or you'll get Error 003). Otherwise you could leave it and hope for the best.

DOPMii ^^ Now your saying I remember I've used that before on a friends Wii when he had some trouble ^_^

Right busy with Dop-Mii, I am re-installing ALL my IOS's on the latest version. I don't mind losing a few things.(But I'll leave my Bootmii IOS though.)

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally! VICTORY! :D

Thanks to out good friend Sifjar I've been able to do my stuff, now I've got a nandbackup(Oh yeah baby!) which I can use just in case. ^^

How to:

Re-install the latest version of ALL your IOS's except the Bootmii IOS.(I've it both as IOS and BOOT2)

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call it "infecting", and a (correctly) patched SM IOS doesn't hurt anything, just gives you more brick protection and recovery options. You yourself are telling him to patch an IOS by saying to use IOS60 in slot 70.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't call it "infecting", and a (correctly) patched SM IOS doesn't hurt anything, just gives you more brick protection and recovery options. You yourself are telling him to patch an IOS by saying to use IOS60 in slot 70.
Um, nope, never said that. What I actually said was not to install a clean IOS if he had a region changed Wii and an SM >= 4.2 (in which case my advice would have been to install a clean IOS60 and SM 4.1). I never said to install any sort of patched IOS. The guy has BootMii/boot2 he needs no other "brick protection" (if in any brick BootMii/boot2 is gone, the Wii is screwed anyway). There is no legitimate reason to have any patched IOS in a regular IOS slot on that Wii. If he REALLY wants, he could have them in other slots (2XX or whatever), but there is absolutely no need to have patched IOS in proper slots. Patched IOS have been known to cause instability and problems at numerous times over the years.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Um, nope, never said that. What I actually said was not to install a clean IOS if he had a region changed Wii and an SM >= 4.2 (in which case my advice would have been to install a clean IOS60 and SM 4.1). I never said to install any sort of patched IOS. The guy has BootMii/boot2 he needs no other "brick protection" (if in any brick BootMii/boot2 is gone, the Wii is screwed anyway). There is no legitimate reason to have any patched IOS in a regular IOS slot on that Wii. If he REALLY wants, he could have them in other slots (2XX or whatever), but there is absolutely no need to have patched IOS in proper slots. Patched IOS have been known to cause instability and problems at numerous times over the years.
Sorry, I misread your post. Since he has bootmii as boot2, he obviously won't need a patched SM IOS. I was just saying that you shouldn't act like patching is something horrible.

However, a properly patched SM IOS shouldn't cause problems.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, I misread your post. Since he has bootmii as boot2, he obviously won't need a patched SM IOS. I was just saying that you shouldn't act like patching is something horrible.

There is good reason why since HW_AHBPROT was made available, WiiBrew has shunned any and all apps relying on patched IOS. Just because you haven't had any problems yet with your patched SM IOS doesn't mean it can't cause problems. Before the HBC started rejecting all patched IOS (turning upside down when running on a patched IOS), virtually all of the bug reports Team Twiizers received about HBC were directly caused by patched IOS of various types. They quite clearly affect the stability of the code being run and can cause things to mess up. Wherever possible, (on any platform), the cleanest and best solution is ALWAYS to leave the original software untouched as much as possible. This ensures a high level of stability (as high as an untouched system).

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

There is good reason why since HW_AHBPROT was made available, WiiBrew has shunned any and all apps relying on patched IOS. Just because you haven't had any problems yet with your patched SM IOS doesn't mean it can't cause problems. Before the HBC started rejecting all patched IOS (turning upside down when running on a patched IOS), virtually all of the bug reports Team Twiizers received about HBC were directly caused by patched IOS of various types. They quite clearly affect the stability of the code being run and can cause things to mess up. Wherever possible, (on any platform), the cleanest and best solution is ALWAYS to leave the original software untouched as much as possible. This ensures a high level of stability (as high as an untouched system).
I didn't say ANY patched IOS, I said the SM one. I also bolded and underlined the word "properly", which you seemed to have missed.

Up until recently, AHBPROT has been a huge failure, considering it only worked if you had a valid network connection. I have been disappointed in TT because they never addressed the issue, at least not on HackMii. Instead they just stayed quiet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo