Dark Alex is saying Bye?!?!?!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sadak5, Aug 28, 2009.

Aug 28, 2009

Dark Alex is saying Bye?!?!?! by sadak5 at 5:30 AM (3,921 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. sadak5
    OP

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Found this in the Dark Alex's forums:

Closure Announcement of Dark-AleX.org Forum.

Within the following announcement, we announce the closure of Dark-AleX.org forum, after one year of working, more than 50,000 users, more than
    170,000 messages, and more than 15,000 threads. With those statistics, that have gone generally within more than 450 messages, 40 threads and 130
    new users per day, we are more than just satisfied about the results and about what we have reached.

There are many reasons. The forum, by itself, has been a challenge. A challenge that, without any doubt, has exceeded all of our expectatives, and
    a challenge that now, after all that we have been through, we find ourselves happy and proud of having gone this far. However, its, professionally
    speaking, a moment for evolving and taking ourselves a little time for relax and so we can study whats next.

Since the beginning, the people' answer has been something amazing and indescribable, something that we won't have enough grateful words, and that
    fills us of satisfaction. This support has been so huge that we have found ourselves overwhelmed, and when we wanted to give the deserved service
    for each user, we have gone into problems and we have got to take this hard but consistent decition; that, the same way as we wield a smile when all
    this was starting, this last decition makes us sad, but we know that is the best choice at the moment.

Again, thanks to all, to our moderators, to our friends, to our old and new partners, to the English Zone and their help to this project, and everyone
    of you that have helped us on any terms.

Lastly, if any user is interested on recovering any part or any thread of the forum, please contact with the following e-mail: alek@dark-alex.org
    so we can deliver what you need.

And remember, you always have to your disposal our IRC as a place in where you can chat, you can laugh with us, and as a cool reason to make a reunion
    and remember old times, as after all this is not a "goodbye", but a "cya" ;-)

Sincerely,

Admin and Webmaster of Dark-AleX.org

Is it saying really bye to the scene? What will be next???

2. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say DA and the m33 team will be back sometime in the future but for they they just want to take a well deserved break from the scene. as in the quote you gave from Dark-AleX.org they're leaving the IRC channel up, they are keep all of there info, threads e.c.t. there's mention of reunion and the last key sentence "after all this is not a "goodbye", but a "cya" ;-)" this is the main sentence that has lead me to believe that they will be back on the scene sometime in the future. there is also mention of "so we can study whats next" which leads me to believe that they will study what they have done and study what still can be done.

don't get your hopes up though I'm just reading between the lines as there might be a hidden hint or message in there or there might not.

all in all we will just have to wait and see

enjoy your relaxation Dark-AleX.org we'll miss ya

3. benjaminlibl

Member benjaminlibl Funky Member

Singapore
    Didn't expect this at all. He won't see this but major thanks should go out to him.

4. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    if he goes forever, fine we have other group, if he comes back yay since he is one of the best, but seriously, i think he will comeback

5. PanzerWF

Member PanzerWF GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    All hail DA and his contributions to the PSP scene.

6. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

It's certainly a shame that his forums are gone. The place had its idiots, but there tended to be a good amount of insightful posts.

7. mayhem366

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I read somewhere before that 5.00 M33 would be the last which is a real shame as i preffered the good old trustworthiness of M33 but unfortunenately had to update to 5.50 Gen.

Never mind though, DAX has done so much for us in the past and we all congratulate and thank him for his amazing CFW...

Thank you dark_alex..

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Wait didn't he do this before and come back!?

9. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Yes kobykaan, but it looks like he's only closing the forum.

10. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    He's probably sick of all the faggots spamming his forums with posts asking him to update his CFW.

11. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    with the current situation, I think it's right to close the forum against those idiot newbies posting what they want. Might be the same with AKAIO if people asking for new features. OH NOZ!!

Anyway, it's too early to update the PSP, let's wait for a major update.

The GEN is only there for compatibility of games while it may be unstable. I'll wait and see for days to come

12. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

13. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Me too. He'll update if he wants to when there is a major update. A game that requires a new firmware or being able to access the psn is not a major update. When psp go comes out and has 5.70 or higher maybe we will see something.

14. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    DAX hadn't been active on those boards for months...they were far more Alek's baby. The number of requests for new CFW were by far in the minority and the wealth of info and help taht was there is now lost. It's closure is either Sony putting the pressure on, or the team gearing up for something new from DAX.

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I hope you realize it was just a closure of the forums, not his departure from the scene. He could, for all you know, still contribute to the PSP scene, just without forums. It's a hassle to keep up a forum, you could probably ask the head of the head honchos here (hehe, I rhymed!) and they can say it isn't easy.

16. DarkWay

United Kingdom
    ^^^^^^^QUOTE from OP^^^^^^^

they're keeping all that information which is also availanle to all via a simple e-mail. you never know everything may be restored someday.

also I think they are actually taking a break, while preparing for something new.

don't lose hope!!!

[​IMG]

17. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    I don't think it's the end. I'm sure he'll be back one day.

May I thank DAX and his team for all of his hard work on the PSP scene...

I was with you from the beginning, man... Your POC 1.50 CFW? I totally believed in you, all the way, DAX!!!

I'll miss you :'(
    (for the time being)

18. xist

United Kingdom
    Yes DarkWay i appreciate that if you ask for specific topics you'll probably stand a chance of receiving them but what i really meant is that they're no longer available to browse look for answers. How do you think Alek would feel if people start asking for for topic concerning particular things? How many people know the specific topic they'd like sent to them?

19. DarkWay

United Kingdom
    you have a very valid point there (as you always seem to [​IMG] [​IMG] ) but it stills stands that if you actually know what the problem is just need the solution you can still request it (politely I might add....... [​IMG] ) you may not get what you would like but they are still helping out the community in one way or another, so yeah your right in saying not everyone, espescially people new to the scene would get what they require. I guess I'm merely trying to say that they are not closing the community out entirely

and after all that I'm completely confused by what I just said so good look to you trying to decipher it [​IMG]

20. xist

United Kingdom
    No worries i follow you....but give it a month or two (that's if this isn't the precursor to a new spurt of DA activity) and i bet that it'll be deader than a dodo unless a full site back up is made available.