Dare to be different? Or stay the same?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ssskyy, Jul 26, 2012.

Jul 26, 2012
  1. ssskyy
    OP

Newcomer ssskyy Member

Australia
    I plan to get a 3DS console and a DSi XL console, now here is the question:
    Is it better to choose a flashcard that works best with the 3DS and then a different flashcard that works best on a DSi console? Or is there a flashcard that works fantastically for both of these consoles?
    I don't mind buying two different flashcards if they will be a better match for each console iykwim? But also, it would be nice if the same cart/s could be used successfully in either console (you know, so the kids can share).
    I hope you understand what I'm getting at... like maybe it is better to get something specifically for that console rather than something that just works generally fine on multiple consoles??? Any advice, ideas, recommendations? All welcome!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The DSi and 3DS both use the same type of security and flash carts run in DS-mode on both of them, so no, there's not a difference.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

The same cart can work in both systems without a problem, seeing as there's no difference in how they run on a DSi versus a 3DS.