War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I really can't imagine how it happened... I was playing Pokemon, and I plugged in my SD card to the computer to edit something in Pokesav. I did it, and everything was fine, but I noticed I misspelled the name of a Pokemon, so I turned off the game, plugged in the SD card, fixed the problem, and then put it in the R4DS. That's when my problems started happening. The R4DS was stuck on the "Loading..." screen! I tried taking out the SD card and putting it in several times and nothing happened... Tried removing the R4 and blowing some air into the DS slot, and still... and finally, I tried a different SD card, and it worked just fine. :/ So I'm guessing that my SD card is done for? I try plugging it in to the computer, but it doesn't even read it... which really sucks, because this was my good SD card.... all my good ROMS that I played daily and save files where in there... Can someone help me out please?

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
happened to me too your sd card contact is scratched to the point it cant read anymore

i learned from this and started making backups whenever i but my micro sd card in the comp

@ shadow
she cant open them

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, the same thing happened to my friend's MicroSD too, even up to the point where it wasn't even recognised by any device (We tested it on my computer, cellphone, camera, Wii, and nothing).

IMO, I think it's like Asuri said, the Micro SD must probably have a really bad scratch, which proved fatal for any future readings of it. T_T Sorry to hear that happened to your memory card, must suck. ._.

Here's hoping you get a new one soon enough though, or by some miracle this one starts to work again.
happy.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Man...this really sucks... I don't even remember half the games that were in there! ;-; I wanna cry D: I noticed something though... even though the computer does not read it, when I put the SD card into the MicroSD card reader, the reader lights up when plugged in to the computer as if it recognized that there is a card in there... could this be of any use?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SkankyYankee said:
Where did you get the SD? The sd i got with my R4 was shot after 4 days.
I bought it at a electronics store. It was a 2Gb Kingston microSD.

QUOTE(SavageWaffle @ Jul 26 2008, 05:58 PM) That happend to me, just blow the inside.
Already tried several times, didn't do it for me.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Warcueid said:
I really can't imagine how it happened... I was playing Pokemon, and I plugged in my SD card to the computer to edit something in Pokesav. I did it, and everything was fine, but I noticed I misspelled the name of a Pokemon, so I turned off the game, plugged in the SD card, fixed the problem, and then put it in the R4DS. That's when my problems started happening. The R4DS was stuck on the "Loading..." screen! I tried taking out the SD card and putting it in several times and nothing happened... Tried removing the R4 and blowing some air into the DS slot, and still... and finally, I tried a different SD card, and it worked just fine. :/ So I'm guessing that my SD card is done for? I try plugging it in to the computer, but it doesn't even read it... which really sucks, because this was my good SD card.... all my good ROMS that I played daily and save files where in there... Can someone help me out please?

Try a different computer maby??

or try a different USB slot or different card reader if you have access to another
smile.gif

Finally as a last resort to get the card back to life ...but means loosing all data on it ..

Format it in a MOBILE PHONE or DIGITAL CAMERA (use an micro sd adapter if you have to) a phone or camera does not look at the card like PC would so should format it fine
smile.gif

once formatted try it in the computer again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD