Damaged Envelope?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Duskye sent me a USB Blackcat, a drawing, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a envelope. I received it today to find it ripped in half, and everything missing from it. It has a marking labeled "NON-Machinable". My question is can I do something? Or am I screwed? I'm uploading pictures now. Thanks.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry about that. i have no idea how that could have happened.

Like I said in your Pm, I could send you a r4 to make up for what happened.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
I'm so sorry about that. i have no idea how that could have happened.

Like I said in your Pm, I could send you a r4 to make up for what happened.

Aha. No it's fine. It's the thought that counts.
happy.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
Well, Duskye sent me a USB Blackcat, a drawing, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a envelope. I received it today to find it ripped in half, and everything missing from it. It has a marking labeled "NON-Machinable". My question is can I do something? Or am I screwed? I'm uploading pictures now. Thanks.
Well, don't blame it on Duskye. He's nice, and from what I've seen, reliable. Where did it go on transit? Was it on your doorstep? If so, you're pretty much screwed. Generally the delivery guy is supposed to leave it in a safe place. However, if the package had insurance maybe not all is lost.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
Devin said:
Well, don't blame it on Duskye. He's nice, and from what I've seen, reliable. Where did it go on transit? Was it on your doorstep? If so, you're pretty much screwed. Generally the delivery guy is supposed to leave it in a safe place. However, if the package had insurance maybe not all is lost.

Of course I don't blame him. It must had gotten damaged on transit. It was going from Canada to Florida. It was in my mailbox. I doubt it had insurance, it was a regular envelope like the one you'd send a letter in.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
Devin said:
It went on transit last firday. Our mailman is sort of lazy.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, I'm gonna send you that R4 anyways, and here's why.

1. I won't be able to get this off my back. I'm mad that some thing like that even happened, so I want to make it up to you. I'm sure a R4 can't be NON-Machinable

2. I need a new card anyways.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The envelope probably got rip up in the machines. You have to pay a non machinable fee which isn't a lot, depending on the weight, size, and thickness. I think you could call one of the sorting places for the lost items. But it would seem like it would be a lot of trouble and backtracking for those items.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
The envelope probably got rip up in the machines. You have to pay a non machinable fee which isn't a lot, depending on the weight, size, and thickness. I think you could call one of the sorting places for the lost items. But it would seem like it would be a lot of trouble for them.
It was only a piece of paper, a small disk and Blackcat usb, which isn't that big either.

I don't get how it got ripped in the machine...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you didn't make it a uniform thickness. What my friend did when he sent me a flash cart was he took a booklet and cut out a flashcart-shaped hole and put the flashcart so the thickness was uniform.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everyone's right about the 'non-machinable' thing...

I sent my R4 to a friend in Florida, and what I did was I cut two rectangles of sturdy cardboard/cardstock and used those to brace the envelope so that there was a slight, but even, curve for the R4. It went through the mail sorting machines just fine all for the price of regular postage.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
A lesson: For maximum safety, cough up the $1.50 extra or so to buy a padded envelope. As long as nothing bulges (which it wouldn't in any that I've seen with what was included), it should travel fine. Hell, even if there is a small bulge, those packages are made to be able to be processed fine.

Who knows where your stuff got lost at though. You could try contacting your local postal service to see if items matching your description ended up there, but chances are the disc and the drawing at least would have been wrecked by the trauma. You're probably out of luck for what was sent.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Well, what if I wanted to send a ds game in a letter? Would that be ok?
Read my post above.
So long as the letter is flat -- that is, no bumps or protrusions that will catch when something rolls over it -- it will be ok.

D

Deleted_171835

@Duskye:
Next time, you should use bubble mail. It doesn't cost much and should protect whatever you're sending from getting damaged.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay